Polk Audio PSW303
Description: <ul> <li>video-shielded</li> <li>slot-loaded enclosure</li> <li>100-watt RMS amp</li> <li>8" front-firing, long-excursion driver</li> <li>frequency response 38-160 Hz (-3dB)</li> <li>continuously variable 60-160 Hz crossover</li> <li>unfiltered LFE input for 5.1 bass</li> <li>line-level and speaker-level inputs</li> <li>speaker-level output</li> <li>volume control</li> <li>phase switch</li> <li>auto on/off</li> <li>real wood veneer</li> <li>11-7/16"W x 12-3/8"H x 17-7/8"D</li> </ul>

Submitted by Robbiedad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub used, in top condition
I used it with my Denon AVC-2000 amp (unfiltered out) and a Yamaha RX-950 receiver which has a fixed crossover at 8o Hz into the sub out.
I also had a chance to compare three subs, the Yamaha YST-SW215, the Energy EXL-S8, and the Onkyo SKW-150. The PA has by far the deepest bass response, and the amp cvan be cranked to full volume before it gets boomy, as opposed to the yamaha and energy, which sound awful to my ear (doubling) after 1/2 volume...
The PA is exceptional for music, but is not filling in the crack between my Jamo C-403 and the low register it hits well. I used the yamaha with it and that helped (for the 100 Hz area). Now I use it with PSB tower speakers that have two 8 inch drivers each and it complements them beautifully, reaching deeply into the lower register that they lack in spite of my high current Onkyo amp. I must mention that when I put on a move with LFE, this sub came alive with room shaking bass. I loved it. Sounds huge compared to other amps in the typical home theater setups. Some problem with standing waves in my 30 by 10 foot room.

Product model year:   2009