Polk Audio PSW250
Description: 8" front firing woofer powered by a 100 watt amplifier.

Submitted by RickKlages a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
Was aquired as part of Polk RM6200 speaker package. Now used with moniter 50 (2), SC1 (1), and RM1300 (4). Great bass for a 8". Corner locatins work best. I have used it with Yamaha, Harmon Karden and Sony electronics. Polk subs are easy to setup. When used in speaker packages follow instructions for best results.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by luvdalude a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
price was 300 canadian

well ive been thinking about getting a sub for music and home theatre for a long time now and I finally went out and got this sub based on its low price and all the reviews. The sub is good for the price, there is no arguing that. It just wasnt enough for me, after a week of use I returned it. If you want a sub for a small - medium room and just want to enhance your home theatre then this sub will do the job well. It will also improve music but not really that well. After a week I decided I should take this sub back and double the money I was willing to spend in order to really get a sub that I like. I wanted a sub that would boom and people would definitly know that there was a sub in the room. The psw250 couldnt do that for me but my new velodyne does!

Purchased At:   future shop

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
I don't have a lot of experience with subwoofers, but I have been real happy with this one. I originally bought a Wharfedale Powercube 10 (10", downward firing). The Wharfedale was just awful: it was very weak, not tight even at really low volumes, and had a serious problem with buzzing/humming (yes, I tried all the standard things to stop the humming).

Anyway, I took the Wharfedale back and picked up the Polk based on the reviews I read here. Basically, I don't have too much to add -- I pretty much agree with the bulk of the reviews here that say this is a great sub for the price.

One thing I would also add, get a side firing speaker like this if anyone lives below you! I thought the downward firing Wharfedale would be better (and it could be for some), but all in all the side firing design will give you more options while not annoying your downstairs neighber.

Purchased At:   graffitti audio

Submitted by Juan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
If you need an inexpensive entry sub the PSW25O is it! This puppy kicks with authority in small to medium rooms. You can't beat the price and quality of this sub. Once you hear it you'll think you spent more on it.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by lnoahl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
Unbelieveable value. If you have a small to medium sized room i highly reccomend picking one up. It won't knock down ceiling tiles or kill the elderly but it gets the job done for the occasional explosion or starship pass.

Purchased At:   Fry's electronics