Paradigm Reference Servo 15

Submitted by Willland a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2011

Bottom Line:
Picked up (2) of the Paradigm Servo 15a's two months ago from a local seller on c-list for a crazy low price. I bought (1) to keep and (1) to sell and could not be more pleased with the performance. I am using it with a Klipsch RF-63 HT system and with a Klipsch RSW-10d sub. Using the X-30 crossover and many days and hours of tweeking and placement changes, I got this baby just about dialed perfectly into my system. Crossover for the Servo 15a is set at 40Hz on the X-30 and the RSW-10d is set at 80Hz on my NAD T773 receiver. The RSW-10d is punchy and fast while the Servo 15a is deep and clean. Great combination in my room.

I am very pleased with the Servo 15a with both HT and music and really would like to keep the other one but promised my wife I would liquidate to recoupe funds from initial purchase. I am afraid to run all three at one time because I might just go back on my word and not sell.

Bill

Submitted by ebertdw a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2007

Bottom Line:
It's been said that as a rule of thumb, any audio product that can accurately reproduce music, will have little difficulty sounding great for home theater. That is largely true for the Paradigm Reference Servo-15. But, is it worth the extra money to include in your home theater? Considering the large amound of music included on so many of todays movie soundtracks, my conclusion is a resounding yes!

The unbelievable accuracy and lifelike sonic purity of this sub will astound you. In the price range of $1500 to $5000 home subwoofers, this is the one to buy. Ten stars.

Purchased At:   Hawkeye Audio/Dealer

Submitted by mjorgensen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
I started out with the bass from a suite of Definitive 2002's in my HT so I felt that I needed a big jump to get better not more bass in my 23x16 ft theater. I struck a deal for three of these and placed them in the room. First let me tell you that the others are correct, nothing sounds good in the wrong location. I tryed multiple placements and used the x30's to try to tie it all togather and never really was happy. In the end I found the best place for mine were across the front of the screen and the center channel above them. I use the Def techs bass only on the 1/4 turn rule for the mid bass. After that I let the Servos work there magic. With the levels right and the distance from the frt wall at 42" they have a smooth and powerfull response. I don't need to overdrive them because I have enough pressure from the woofers so the bass is TIGHT.
I have had movies with bass that you never even knew was there scare the hell out of guests. And if you want really big grins just throw in the begining of "The Inside Man" and your vision will blur just a bit with the bass that most will never even hear!
I have tryed other subs over the years but this has to be one of the best all around enjoyable setups I have ever encountered.

Purchased At:   Local high end store

Submitted by Mikey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2004

Bottom Line:
Wonderous and amazing subwoofer. Previously had a SVS 20-39 and was convinced by a dealer to take this home and try it. Walked, no stomped on the SVS in HT and in music. What had been a blob of low bass energy all of a sudden became notes NOTES! People that own these know just how good they are. Doubtful you could do better without having to spend much more money.

Purchased At:   Audio Nirvana

Submitted by Whitesahara a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
What a sub!! 15" Servo, 400w RMS, and beautiful at the same time. Mine is the gloss cherry finish.

My listening room is not very big, maybe 12' x 17', the sub pounds. No audiable distortion, and contrary to some other reveiws I've read, I can not hear the servo. The sealed encloser offers a nice tight bass response. I am very impressed with this sub cabinet so far. Coupled with 4 Paradigm Active 450 L/R, 2 Paradigm Active 20's and an Active CC, the system sounds awesome.