Paradigm Reference PS-1000
Description: Powered sub w/ 10in woofer

Submitted by Michael Lake a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2013

Bottom Line:
SIMPLE THIS SUB ROCKS, JUST PICKED ONE UP FOR A HUNDRED BUCKS, GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN, TWEAK THE CROSS OVER A BIT AND HERE COMES THE BASS!!!!! wOULD RECCOMEND FOR HOME THEATRE AND JUST ROCKIN ,RAP, THREW IT ALL AT IT, GOOD SOLID WELL BUILT SUB, GOOD POWER AND DEFINITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by gildak2002 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
The PS1000 has been an integral part of my system and I intend to keep it even tho I have placed an order for a Def Tech Prosub 200TL. The PS1000 is reliable and provides ample, good quality bass for both music and HT if placed and tweaked properly. For some genres of music it could be slow, for home theater a little boomy at times. But overall a rugged, capable sub.

Submitted by Tracy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2011

Bottom Line:
I put the model year as 2005 but to be honest the owner had no idea as he was the second owner. It sounds like this model has been around for over 10 but from some things I have read the earlier versions sounded like the amp was smaller than the 250w I purchased. To be honest after doing to more research I probably could have gotten it for $100-$150 (I paid $185). Nonetheless it seems to work great. I am not an audiophile (if I was I would have bought the newest model with cost being no object), but I have music on in my house almost every minute I am home and awake. I bought this to replace a Definitive sub that the developed a short in the plugs (that I was just too lazy to fix). Thus far it sounds great and is a perfect low cost option to buying brand new. Not only do subs last a long time its my understanding that right out of the box they don't sound as good as they do after some use.

Submitted by HolyJeebus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
This is no exaggeration: House destroying levels of Bass.

Submitted by StevOh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
I just bought the PS-1000 for $100 off of Craigslist. I'm not sure the the exact year but this thing is FANTASTIC! I don't have much to compare it to but I know what great music is and how it should sound. I had recently purchsed Definitive Technology fronts and center and was looking for a decent subwoofer for a couple weeks. I almost bought a couple other Sony's, JBL's and Infinity's for less but my neighbor recommended Paradigm so took it into consideration after reading the reviews. I have listened to just about every type of music with this and it sounded great with everything I threw at it. Yes, I had to adjust the bass manually with different genres of music so I wish that could be done with my controller but that was when I had the volume way up and I needed to find that sweet spot for various songs. Just to see how much I could shake the house I threw some old school rap at it and it really thumps if that is what you are looking for then this model can give you that and then some. I mainly listen to rock music and it sounded great with even fast tempo bass. It's crisp clear and evident that this is a well constructed product. It is a bit larger then I thought, but that is secondary compared to the quality of this. If you can pick one of these up for $100 - $250 I would definitely recommend it. I played some techno and I felt like I was in a club, literally that good. Live rock music sounded like I was at a concert. This Subwoofer complimented my Definitive Pro-Cinema speakers so well that I couldn't be happier. I just need to get some rears to really see what this will sound like. I am using an Onkyo TX-SR804 receiver to power everything and these speakers and sub took everything I threw at it and I had the volume maxed out the way I have it set up. I have not used to to watch a DVD yet but I will write a review after I get my rears and really set everything up properly. I know there is way better stuff out the and way more money but if you are on a budget of less then $100 and you can get one of these for $100, just come up with the extra money and but it. You will be happy. Also if you like Jazz the PS-1000 sounds amazing as well. I read all the reviews here before I went and picked it up and all were so great that I felt confident. I read a bunch on another site and there were all poor to average ratings but this thing should never be rated poor to average unless it's hooked up wrong or a week receiver with crappy speakers. Go for it!