Klipsch KSW-300

Submitted by 8watt300b a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub used through a private sale. I was told it wouldn't work with my reference series tower speakers as it wouldn't go low enough.....wow, was that wrong! This is definitely a powerful sub! It digs right into the basement. My wife came in from outside to tell me I was shaking the whole house. It's rated at 300 watts but must have a very efficient driver cause it feels like twice that. It's a down firing ported design. Weighs around 80 pounds and is built solid. Only downside is the wood feet. I added rubber to the bottoms. Might be old but in no way is it out-dated.
Retailed new for $1000.

Submitted by Erik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is an update to my earlier review.
I bought better feet for it and fixed the rattle by completely taking apart the box. I counter sunk wood screws at 8 locations and now the subwoofer sounds very very tight. I also took thew now dead (how was I supposed to know it would die??) plant off and set the unit by itself in the corner.

Purchased At:   Simply Stereo

Submitted by Drec a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great Sub. One and only complaint is the design of the back RCA patch panel. I use the LFE input to connect my SUB and the jack is connected so flimsily to the PCB board, that it came loose. Now it cuts in and out and needs to be serviced.

Purchased At:   Classic Stereo

Submitted by Erik Andersen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this from Simply stereo in Palatine IL as-is for a tad under $500. When I got it home it had a bad hum, this was solved by removing the round ground prong, bye bye hum!
Unfortunately the box rattles very badly. Since it was purchased as-is, I didn't figure on much help solving the problem, so I drilled some screws into the four corners and set a very heavy house plant with a rubber coated base on it, rattle solved! That being said, it blends very well with the rest of the system. I also just purchased a Technics SA-AX7 receiver with a variable gain and output for the subwoofer, no more leaning over the sub to change crossover or gain settings! As of today the system sounds absolutely awesome! Kudo's to Klipsch for the sub, I'm not sure if I can blame them for the rattle, this was an out of box purchase, everything else Klipsch has been perfect!

Submitted by Dan TT a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
Bought this sub back in June 99.It had a Hum noise at lower volume, after going thru all my connections, I figured it was the sub. Since it hummed even with nothing connected to it.So I sent it back to London Drugs (place purchased) They decided to send it to Klipshit for service.Now its Oct. and still, I have no sub. They have now decided to give my money back, or exchange and pay the difference for a new model Klipshit KSW300. I would have been happy if they gave me a staight exchange, since they made me wait so frickin' long.