JBL PSW-D115
Description: 15" 350w Amplified Subwoofer

Submitted by jadeox a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had the PSWD115 for over two years now. During that time, it has worked for maybe 5 months, the rest was spent in the shop or at home waiting to be fixed.

This is the second time the woofer is in the shop(been there for the past 3 months), waiting on a part which JBL don't know if they still carry. The first time was after 2 months from purchase, back then it was still under warranty. JBL customer service offered to swap out my 15" for a refurbish PB12 which they said is their current comparable model. Please.... how can you give me a 12" for my 15"? Get real!

After two years of frustration and wasted time and money, I'm going to ebay my home theater setup consisting of a HK 7000 receiver and JBL Studio speakers including surround speakers, and will get a Denon 4802 with Infinity new Alpha series.

I will do my best to avoid dealing with JBL again.

Purchased At:   ecost.com

Submitted by jgeren a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Predator Scene "Jungle Comes Alive"

Enough Said

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by Shook Tann a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Predator Scene "Jungle Comes Alive"

Enough Said

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by alan srodawa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
One more positive vote for this sub! I have used it in conjuction with B&W DM600 speakers and it is a wonderful combination. The sub blends very nicely with them with no holes in the sound. For Home Theatre I think this sub is the best choice for the dollar, especially if you have a large room to fill with bass. It has actually cracked a mirror on my living room wall, so I can't imagine you would need more.

Purchased At:   J & R Music World

Submitted by Jeremy M a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have many of the other reviews, and I have not had the kind of trouble you all described. I have played this thing at defening levels for 6 hours and more during some big keg parties, and this sucker kept bumpin.

I agree that the huge size is somewhat annoying. You don't realize just how big it is until you bring it home and try to put somewhere in your house.

As far as sound goes, I think the package as a whole is pretty good. I've definetly heard better (the M&K) and I've heard much worse. But the room's size and shape, and the position at which you sit makes a huge differance in how this (and any) sub sounds. I still experiment with different wacky ways to position it. Like I heard in some of the other reviews, the only true way to judge subs (and most other speakers, too) is to have them in the same room, being run by the same equipment. This is why it's nice to shop somewhere that carries many brands of quality.

Definetely rocks the house - anything that can possibly rattle in the event of an earthquake will get rattled by this sub. Sometimes that's even very annoying . . . in a good sort of way.

I bought this sub when I was an employee at BB. It's a good value at under $400. At the original price of $700, I think it's a little expensive for the quality in this sub.

Purchased At:   Best BUy