JBL PS120
Description: Powered Subwoofer

Submitted by Martok a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2011

Bottom Line:
First good sub woofer. I used it with my second hometheater. It would shake the walls of my home. Clean sound.
I think JBL's are the best speakers out there. I think I paid close to 300 bucks for it. Great investment.

Submitted by normn3116 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
This sub can go very deep, and is the first good subwoofer that I have owned. I used to have a Sony SA-WM250, but that got very boomy and distorted at low frequencies. This sub is very good at those low frequencies. It fills the room with rumble, but without overdoing it. As far as music, it definitely fits the bill as well. It has no problem producing tight, clean bass. There really isn't a whole lot else to say about his sub that hasn't already been said about it in the other 9 reviews. For 20 bucks on eBay, this was an absolute steal!

Submitted by RaymondHayter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2006

Bottom Line:
A very good subwoofer. A little underpowered by today's standards (100W RMS amp) but goes deep and sounds very musical. Good features including auto shutoff, line in and speaker in/out connectors.

Submitted by Michael Breaux a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have enjoyed these speakers over the years without ever having any problems. The bass is GREAT! Especially in home theater. I use it with a Onkyo 6.1 amp and all JBL speakers and sound quality is hard to beat without busting one's budget.

Purchased At:   Sound City

Submitted by agtpunx40 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
not positive about the model year, but that's what everyone else put. Anyway, picked this up on audiogon for $60 AFTER shipping. I use this sub almost solely for music, as I think my JBL S312s have enough bass for my music and is much cleaner, so I will rate this as a sub for home theater. If you want to use this sub for music, it is really not all that clean sounding, so depending on the music you like it might be ok, but I think this makes it even better for movies. When there's a large explosion or something on screen, you don't need a tight sound, you need an explosion. It goes down deep and loud, and I have never been dissappointed with it for movies. If you can find one of these used, I highly recommend it. Another important aspect: I haven't heard stories about the amp dying after a year or two, a definate plus when buying a 4 or 5 year old sub.