Infinity Systems Entra Sub Two
Description: <ul> <li>bass-reflex design</li> <li>250-watt RMS amp</li> <li>12" front-firing driver</li> <li>frequency response 28-150 Hz (±3dB)</li> <li>continuously variable 50-150 Hz</li> <li>phase switch</li> <li>auto on/off</li> <li>preamp-level RCA inputs</li> <li>speaker-level inputs and outputs (5-way binding post connectors)</li> <li>black ash vinyl finish</li> <li>15-5/16"W x 16-15/16"H x 20-3/8"D</li> </ul>

Submitted by Piggybank a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2013

Bottom Line:
I purchased my sub and the Infiniti Entra system (6 speakers) in June 2003 and its been close to ten years and this thing is still going strong. This thing is a monster of a sub, in my opinion it does it all punchy, low, deep and boomy bass whatever you desire. Tweak the cross-over setting and you can have it any way you desire. Excellent for movies as this sub will shake walls and floors easily rivaling movie theaters. I have mine in my finished basement and my kids have told me that they can hear my system from the sidewalk outside. It has a large rear-facing port that fires off the wall thus creating monstrous lows when needed. I would HIGHLY recommend this sub for any system.

Submitted by black321 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2010

Bottom Line:
Not a bad sub for movies as it does the job in creating the low-end effect and has good power. However, not very musical...too boomy/not tight. I bought it for only $175 new, so I cant complain for the price. One other quirky feature, it makes a strange frog like noise everytime I start it up...doesnt occur during the rest of the playback, just in the beginning.

If you are just looking for something decent to fill the low end of movies, then this is pretty good product...but dont use to support low end of 2-channel stereo listening.

Submitted by Eric Hayes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2007

Bottom Line:
Incredible bass floor shaking lows when it works it is enough bass for most people. you can hook it up to anything through the high frequency inputs. at one point i had it hooked to a clock radio and still got all the bass i needed enough to rattle windows. but when it gets hot it shuts off also from day one about 6 years ago i have had problems with the low level input sometimes they just dont work.

Purchased At:   circut city

Submitted by vivisimonvi a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
This sub was a substantial upgrade from my 35-watt powered TSW5 Aiwa sub I've owned for 7 years. Somehow this sub handled powerfully even while watching LOTR using the High Level speaker inputs instead of the RCA input (I set the speakers to Large settings on my receiver, giving LFE the full effect to the sub). I was dissatisfied sometime as the speaker blew in less than a month, it didn't seem to handle the low frequencies very well (I'm not sure if this was a malfunction or just too much volume). I sent it directly to Infinity but the sub came back very beat up cosmetically, I give this sub a low rating for this reason as well. If you want SERIOUS bass for twice more for the money, consider an SVS cylinder sub, I have one myself that can handle the lows without any sweat (they are large and highly efficient)... Btw, I still use my Aiwa sub and would choose that over the Infinity, for 7 years this low powered sub has lasted through the years.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by jburkett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
The entra 2 is capable of producing very loud bass. It is a large sub so make sure you have the space. It is rather tempermental on where it is placed.Mine tended to be boomy if placed in the corner. (on wood floor) Paired with the Primus or Entra line of towers will create a very nice soundstage.It will impress your bass hungry friends!

Purchased At:   Crutchfield