Harman Kardon HKSUB 12
Description: Feel the explosive power of today's action movie soundtracks or provide deep bass to bookshelf speaker music systems. The HKSUB 12's long-throw, front-firing, 12-inch low-frequency transducer is powered by a 150-watt RMS internal power amplifier for floor-shaking, low-end impact. Includes speaker-level L/R parallel inputs and outputs, and level, filter, frequency and phase controls.

Submitted by lataf a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2006

Bottom Line:
WOW! I've had this sub for over a year and I don't think you can touch the performance for anything under 400.00. The bass is LOUD and goes DEEP and the sub is very well made. If you can find this sub anywhere (seems to be discontinued) pick it up! I've had friends who have SVS, HSU and other popular subs who have been "wow'd" by the performance of this sub.

Submitted by brokentilez a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
Sub is great. UPS damaged the first two of them and the third one came undamaged. I had trouble at first even hearing the sub. I tried different cables, different settings, and found out that my reciever wasn't giving it enough power. Once I got the reciever set up properly this sub sounded great.

Great sound, bumps the house, I might possibly purchase a larger one or an additional one in the future, but for now it is more than enough for the mid size room I have.

Submitted by cageydude a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I set out a month ago to replace our old receiver and speakers, and did a lot of comparisons in local shops. We mainly needed a good HTS setup, but wanted to enjoy music as well (probably 80% movies). For the receiver, I purchased the Yamaha HTR-5660 from J&R, and am extremely happy with it (though I wish it had more coaxial audio inputs). For speakers, my wife and I listened to several package systems (JBL, Infinity, Yamaha, Sony), and looked at components. We were leaning toward buying components, simply because we found the packages lacking in depth and midrange. However, I happened upon the Harmon Kardon ebay store and saw that they were selling several combos direct. I wound up buying two pairs of HKB6's, the HKC center channel, and this HKSUB 150" sub. I was hesitant at first, because I was buying these unheard, but the specs were impressive, and HK has a 30-day no questions money back policy. Thankfully, I'll not be sending them back. We love the speakers, and I've had friends over who spent much more on their systems, and they are awed by the quality. They also look great.