Funk Audio FW 15.3
Description: <ul> <li>15" Driver</li> <li>Dual 15" Passive radiators</li> <li>500 watt integrated Bash amplifier</li> <li>Solid well braced Baltic Birch Plywood enclosure</li> <li>1.5" thick front and sides</li> <li>Comes with Rubber feet or carpet spikes</li> </ul>

Submitted by Metalbender a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2011

Bottom Line:
First let me say WOW what a fun sub this thing is accurate and as tight as any sealed sub I have heard to date. The FW15.3 plays my wife and daughters country music and the movie sound tracks we listen to without the slightest hint of muddy base. It has the fun factor to shake the room and dig deep during movies I can scare my daughter in her room down the hall. It is not an spl monster with the weights that are on the radiators the most I have gotten out of it is about 95db 6 to 8 feet away ( I find this plenty loud, shaking the sheet rock in the house).

I have had it up and running now for about 2 months, the sub was damaged during shipping some minor damage to the wood and most of the controls on the amp were smashed in. I received the sub on or about May 20th. And after jumping through all hoops with the insurance and sending the amp back to Elemental to have it fixed.( Props to the Elemental crew what good service and quick turn around on my amp can’t say enough about what pros they are) It took almost 2 months before I heard my sub play a note.

I am very disappointed in the way the sub was packaged to ship. I have looked at some video on line of the packaging of a lot of other companies packaging, and what I received was subpar by a long shot. It was double wrapped it card board with some little 4x4 x .5” squares of foam on the ends and bottom and no protection for the amp other than cardboard.