Energy Speaker Systems S8.2
Description: <ul> <li>Amplifier Type: MOSFET circuitry</li> <li>Power Output: 100 watts RMS, 400 watts peak</li> <li>Woofers: 8" woofer with, Injection Molded woofer cone with, polypropylene/mica/glass spheres, TPE surround, 20 oz magnet & 1" voice coil</li> <li>Audio/ Video EQ</li> <li>Variable Low Pass Filter: 50 -100Hz</li> </ul>

Submitted by ryu5076 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
best 210US + tax (opened box)i have ever spent.
I spent major buck on my car stereo and I can tell y'all that I am really picky when it comes to audio quality. 5000 dollars can get u supreme sound quality inside a car(DVD, navigation, 4 chan-amp, 12" sub, poly glass speakers) but at home, it is so hard to get supreme quality without spending a fortune.

I have been very picky when it comes to home theatre sound system and "Energy" was introduced to me by audio salesman several times in the past years.
and finally i bought myslef a s8.2 while browsing around. in my area, 299 is the MSRP and i happen to find an opened box (looks perfect to me)s8.2 in "the good guys" and I bargained it down to 210 US.

I am very satisfied with this little 8" sub and I beleived that even I spent double the money, i might not get a sub just as good in terms of sound quality.

i bought all the audio equip on-line but not the sub since i am afriad the wooden box will leak by the time it gets here, so i have shop around for a good sub for months. Mongalian Hi-Fi is such a rip off, they treated me like an idiot and in return, i treat them like an idiot also. am surprise how amateur their salesmanship are.i will just walk in and laugh at those idiot who actually pay full price for the stuff they bought.

Purchased At:   the good guys

Submitted by andygood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is an easy recommendation, the experts at Audio Images believe that this sub is a good value and it is hard to argue. I have had several subs, ended up using this in my secondary home theater arrangement and it does a nice job, it goes down pretty low, doesn't distort easily and is fairly easy to place. I would question spending $500 at circuit city or best buy on a velodyne, klipsch, yamaha without considering this baby around $250. I was told that the "Mosfet" technology is indigineous to higher end subs. All in all, more than qualified for a budget to medium range set up.

Purchased At:   Audio Images

Submitted by Bryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
Sub is awesome. Perfect for med. to large room. Adjustments are great with little tweeking. NOT BOOMY !!! Sound is crisp and only on when it's supposed to be - this is a good thing. Looked at many comparable subs. This sub takes the cake - look no further.

Purchased At:   A & B Sound - Burnab