Earthquake MKIV-10
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency Reponse 40 Hz - 160 H</li> <li>Woofer Size 7</li> <li>Subwoofer Power 200 Watt</li> <li>Woofer Material is Fiber</li> </ul>

Submitted by rktect29 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2005

Bottom Line:
For the price I paid for this subwoofer you cannot go wrong. There is nothing in the sub-$400 price range that will even come close to this little beast.
You'd spend around $500-700 to get a fair competitor. I'd say the sound is a tad on the loose "boomy" side, but anytime you buy a sub with a passive radiator you should expect that type of sound. The other subs I compared in the $500-700 range sounded great, but not head and shoulders above the Earthquake. In fact, the Earthquake sounded better than any of the $500-600 offerings. It wasn't until I got into the $650-750 range that I felt I was actually outperforming the Earthquake.

In summation, for $349 you cannot go wrong with this sub.

For those who are curious, I am running a Marantz SR7500, with Paradigm AMS300's in the front, Paradigm AMS250's in the back and a Paradigm CC-370 for the center. This sub performs very well in this setup and I couldn't be more pleased with the performance vs. price ratio.

Purchased At:   eBay - SurfAlan

Submitted by ryandunk12345 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased Earthquake's MKIV-10 subwoofer about 4 or 5 months ago, and when it arrived it didn't look that impressive I'd have to say, the sub itself is fairly small in size. It took probably a good 30 or 40 hours of music to break it in and really get the bass that I wanted, and I'd have to say I'm really pleased. For buying this sub for 350$ it was a steal, I bought it on ebay. You'd never know it was only a 10" sub, as is cranks out the bass straight down to 20 Hz, doesn't choke or get boomy!! I'd reccomend this (or even better their more expensive subs) to anyone, the bass is very clear, and absolutely rocks my room!! My friends can't even stand to be in the same room when it's all the way up!!