DCM KX-SUB2
Description: Powered sub, 2 12in drivers, 150w

Submitted by eaglescorpio1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
I wrote the review right below this one. I have just added a second dcm kx-sub2 to my theater. I didn't have to add one, but I came up on an awesome deal for a second one, and I quickly got it. I now have one in each of the front corners of the room. If you like overkill. Don't go spending 1500 dollars on a sub. Get two of these and just turn the system up. You will love it, but your neighbors might not. Find it, buy it, love it.

Submitted by eaglescorpio1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2005

Bottom Line:
All I have to say about this sub - BOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!! It's crazy. I already have 2 dcm kx12'a for my front channels and adding this was nuts. I have full range running to the fronts and the sub running off of the lfe on my receiver and our 3 story house just shakes so bad. I would be surprised if the neighbors' houses didn't shake. This sub blew me away. I have been trying to get this sub for some time and hadn't even heard one before I bought it. I wanted it cause I read the reviews and I knew it would go well with my entire system. All 5 channels and the sub are all dcm and it is the 2nd best system I have ever heard. The best involved carver thx amps and preamp and dcm's, velodynes, and cerwin vega's and that system was louder than a concert. Now I can say that my system comes real close to his. Anyways. Find it, buy it, love it.

Submitted by gdtbutz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have owned this sub for 4 years and I love it.
This Sub works great for both Music and Surround sound purposes.
3 months ago the AMP gave up. I have replaced it with a PARTS EXPRESS 250W AMP
That includes a remote control (Controls volume and cross over too) WOW. I paid $149.95 plus tax. This AMP is very large I had to cut out about 4" Vertical and 6" horizontally to be able to install it in the back. Dept was not a problem. I had to cut space for the IR remote control receiver too in the front, about 4"X 3".

This combination is just to die for. I have extremely enjoyed this sub over the years, and now its just unnnn... real.

I listen to all types of music. The Subwoofer enhances the music to its true sound and quality.
Unbelievable on HT you just have to listen to it to believe.

I would recommend this Sub or any of the KX Series to any serious Audiophile.

If you would like more info and some photos please email me.
gdtbutz@aol.com

Purchased At:   circut city

Submitted by Thomas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
This was my first home sub (I dont consider the bass module in the ams5 (bose) as a sub) and have realy enjoyed it. I personaly like it better runing speaker line in than with the sub in... It bottomed out way to much this way . I now have it in the bedroom (replaced my cT80) and it sounds great. Smaller room helped it out. I dont find the sub boomy in any way personaly..very nice detailed sound. This used to be in my living room..replace sith CT150..of course- no comparison there.
If ya can find it used or almost new..and you dont have a big room...and dont mind tweeking the heck out of it..its a realy good sub...

Purchased At:   cc

Submitted by chuck calloway a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
Has been in use for 2 years & fits in great with my THX
system.Some bad reviews may be due to using it across the
speaker line instead of using it with the receivers sub
output.The sub was out of box with no warranty sale normal
599 but now 400 (early 99) & was the biggest bang for the buck I could find.

Purchased At:   circut city open box sale