Cambridge Soundworks Bass Cube 12
Description: 12" Powered SubWoofer

Submitted by camaro1690 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2008

Bottom Line:
I took the amplifier out of the 12s box and hooked it up to two 12" lightning audio subs in a homemade box roughly 6.75 cubic feet with a 6*9 port, i have the box in a closet in my room and it rattles your brain loose, im already half deaf from this system and have only had it for a year... Highly Recommended to set up like this because two 12" lightning audio subs are 80 dollars, box is about 40 to make

Purchased At:   given from friend

Submitted by Geoffcin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've been busy putting together a HT system, and have added the Bass Cube 12s speaker as my subwoofer. The quality of sound is superb. The additional bass and dynamic punch it adds is very effective for HT. Even though this is an HT set up, it's also my main stereo too. I've since found that this sub is very musical, and adds a bottom to many recordings that I never knew exsisted. It's one of the few subs I've seen that are acoustic suspention. While this may take away from it's maximum SPL, it does add a tightness to the bass that I felt many other subs in it's price range lacked.

Purchased At:   HiFi.com @ Ebay

Submitted by Nagorak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
After reading some of the negative reviews about this unit I was really concerned that I made a mistake. But when the BassCube 12s finally arrived it just blew me away (literally and figuratively). I bought this Sub for use in a Home Theater system and it fulfills that role awesomely! It can really pump out the bass and it really enhances the whole movie experience.

Even when cranking up the volume and the bass level I've never had any problems with it bottoming out and it fills a 20*20 room with floor shaking bass. An amusing story: when I first received this unit I plugged it in and was calibrating its level by playing the white noise test on my receiver. Just for fun I turned the bass level all the way up and the whole room started shaking. My sister was in the next room over and remarked that it sounded like an earthquake. I thought she was just being metaphorical, but it turned out she actually thought there was really an earthquake happening!

What can I say for less than half the price of a new unit, the BassCube 12s is a real steal. I'm sure there are better subs out there, but you could search till the end of time and you won't find one as good as this for $180!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Dave Hillenbrand a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have a smallish (13x14) home theater area, and by the time I got the 12 calibrated, I had it turned down about 95%. WOW
This thing kicks it. When I first had it turned up, I shook the ENTIRE house, and had a headache in 10 minutes with the attack scene in Pearl Harbor.
What a huge sound. I should have probably gone with the 10, but got a great deal. I'd do it again in a heart beat. Check this one out!

Purchased At:   E-Bay (refurb)

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had this for only a few days, but I had to write this review because of my excitement. I am not an audio expert but I did research alot about subwoofers before buying. The 12s was not on my original list,(the 12s is the newer model) but I came across this at a great price, did a little more research and decided to buy it. I did not realize how much I was missing on my surround system without a subwoofer. It adds a whole new sound on my system. I am very satisfied with unit. I first placed it in front against the wall, then moved it to the back wall in the corner, I like the sound better with it in front.