Boston Acoustics PV1000
Description: The PV1000 includes a 10" (250mm) down-firing long-excursion bass driver with cast aluminum basket and is powered by a 1000 watt amplifier.

Submitted by manaburrn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
Since the PV1000 was so small, I'd figured I'd need to put it close to the couch to get decent performance... I could not be more wrong. I ended up having to put it on the other side of the room BEHIND my theater system, and turn it down to "3" just to keep it from overpowering the rest of my system with it's stunning, effortless bass. Absolutely amazing!

Submitted by robertak5 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
The best things come in little packages. This unit is able to compete with the big boys and win hands down. Was impressed in the demonstration room and even more impressed when used at home.
Best results are when the unit has been run in (give it a few Arnie movies to truly wear the unit in) and then let the good times roll.
Have found it's limits - home theater reference scene in LOTR - Fellowship of the ring, scene where the orks start coming for the fellowship. The beatings drums actually caused the subwoofer to overextend itself but the run of the mill action movies don't even create a sweat for this piece

Submitted by Kari a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
NICE!!!

Submitted by andy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
What a beautiful sub. I have been researching different home theater speakers for the past year and have just recently purchased the PV1000 along with some Boston satellites. The Boston sub is so clean and powerfull, it amazes me every time i pop a cd or dvd in. Explosions in pearl harbor feel like they're in my living room. The low bass extension down to 22 hertz is also amazing shaking everything in my house even at low volumes. I expecially like the small footprint the PV1000 has along with it's large amplifier. Being a sealed enclosure for a bass reflex design allows it to produce tight, punchy bass that is soo smooth. I didn't even have to place it in a corner for good bass. The outside cherry finish is also beautiful. What a great design. I haven't had to use the supplied velcro feet yet.

Submitted by zephro a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is hands down the best subwoofer I have ever owned. I have it matched with my VR-M90's and the bass is amazing. The PV1000 produces rich, detailed, punchy bass the seamlessly blends with the fronts and fills the room. The bass that comes out of this thing is amazing, it is so clean, no muddyness at all. In addition, it has got to be the most musical sub I have ever heard.

Not that this is very important to me, but in the Cherry wood,it is absolutly beautiful. And the foot print is perfect for any room. Plus, I thought it was a great design idea to have all of the controls on the front of the sub.

Purchased At:   The Good Guys