B.I.C. America V-1220
Description: <ul> <li>200 watts RMS, 430 watts peak</li> <li>High power PDC amplifier</li> <li>23–180 Hz variable crossover</li> <li>Speaker level and RCA inputs</li> <li>Auto on/off signal sensing circuitry</li> <li>18 1/2" x 17" x 14"</li> </ul>

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2010

Bottom Line:
We have a smaller room, about 200 square feet with hardwood floors and we needed a sub to go with the Infinity Primus speakers we had purchased recently.

This sub is a good match. It performs well for our space and gives good bass that is not muddy, boomy or forced. It certainly fills the space well and gives quality sound.

If the manual is simple and short, it has every thing you need to know in it. Also, the build quality seems good.

Certainly, there are better subs out there, but this one does offer an excellent performance/price ratio and we are happy with it.

Just keep in mind this will work well in a smaller room by itself or in a bit bigger room by using two of them. Also, as with any sub, this will work best with speakers that go down to 80hz or lower.

Good bass, great price, attractive, an excellent value.

Submitted by Bobby a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
For the overall price its not a bad subwoofer to have. If its run on the digital side more effectivly with a digital request. It has been in use and puts out very good low hz on hardwood floors and tends not to be as boomy as was to be expected. It would have been nice to even see BIC upgrade this to a 15 inch version with a larger cabinet. Overall review was good and a good starter sub upgrade over stock gear and even some $400 subwoofers on the market.

Purchased At:   Kenwood Factory Outl

Submitted by cebbigh a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is actually a followup to my earlier review. Since that time I have replaced the BIC v1220 with a Hsu stf-2. My feeling at this time was that I gave the BIC too high of an overall rating. If I rate the Hsu at 5 overall (I do) I would rate the BIC at a 3 overall. Yes the BIC is a good value at its exceptionally low price. But put the two subs side by side and the Hsu (despite its smaller 10" woofer) blows the BIC 12"
out of the water. I kept finding myself wanting to set the BIC louder than it's optimum setting (as determined with a radio shack sound meter and Avia) because
it just seemed to be underperforming. The Hsu on the other hand blends perfectly with my other speakers (3 BIC62clr speakers up front and 2 BIC62si speakers in the rear).

Purchased At:   aoustic sound design

Submitted by cebbigh a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2004

Bottom Line:
Somewhat tentative in writing this review as I am by no means an expert on subs. This sub replaces a KLH 10 front firing sub that I purchased at Costco several years ago. Having just recently replaced all the other speakers in my HT
with BIC speakers (3 DV62CLR's up front and 2 DV62si's in the rear) and having been very pleased with the results, I decided to take a chance on the BIC v1220
despite a lack of reviews to support the decision. But the price was so low I figured I didn't really have that much to lose. The sub is a huge improvement over the KLH, much deeper and not boomy..
more punctuation. So far it has exceeded my expectations on any DVD I've used to test it. That said, I don't know how well the BIC v1220 would stack up if compared to some of the highly rated subs
(since reading so many great reviews on the hsu or svs models). Overall, I am satisfied with the product. I am especially satisfied with the great customer service I've received in answer to numerous questions I've pointed towards Jeffery White (BIC Service Mgr).

Purchased At:   acoustic sound desig