B&W ASW 675
Description: Sealed cabinet, 10" composite aluminium/paper/Kevlar long-throw driver, 500W Class D amp with switch mode power supply, 22Hz-31/110Hz -3dB adjustable, 13.4"x13.4"x16.2", 56lb.

Submitted by Neal a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2011

Bottom Line:
When I installed my home theater, I selected B&W CM4 series mains, CMC center, and CM2 surrounds (all are absolutely awesome!). However, the CM sub (servo) was a bit expensive and to save money I purchased the ASW 675. In retrospect, this was a big mistake. The sound from the sub never meshed well with the rich, tight clarity and endless power of the other speakers. Furthermore, the sub had a nasty tendancy to stop functioning. I would reset the power, and it would resume operations. Finally, about 2 months ago, it stopped altogether (driver failure). Granted, it is 7 years old, but still not something I would expect from B&W.

Bottom line: There are better subs out there for the money, especially considering the reliability issues.

Submitted by adam.ribbands a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2008

Bottom Line:
It lcost £600,

After reading a fiew reviews on this sub, I cannot totally agree with all.

I have had no problems with reliability, BUT the sound this thing produces is awful! The bass is light and airy, it does not sound as if it is capable of producing bass at all. It will `flip` in and out of a horrible light boxy noise to a horrible midrange humm. I knowhat I am doing, and I have set it up right, but there is just no depth to the sound. And for £600, what a con!

Purchased At:   sevenoaks norwich

Submitted by Mark T. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2007

Bottom Line:
I purchased the ASW-675 for use in our home theatre system. My mains, center, and surrounds are Acoustic Energy and from day one the subwoofer could not keep up with the speed of the AE speakers. The B&W loudspeakers are good, I have owned a couple of sets, I also have an ASW-600 performing bass duties on a 2-channel system. I believe the ASW-675 produces a "boomy" bass with some pretty good sound pressure levels, however, for the $1000 cost - I am not real impressed with the speaker. The subwoofer also has required repair, it just quit working after a two year period of use. I noticed others have had the same event with this model. I would definately audition prior to purchasing, I did not - I just relied upon the B&W name for quality assurance. I also owned a klipsch 12' subwoofer that probably provided the same movie "thrill" as the more expensive B&W unit .

Purchased At:   Local Audio Store

Submitted by Greg a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
My main purpose in persuing a subwoofer was to provide some extra bass extension when listening to music and also provide extra punch to action movies. In my opinion the B&W ASW 675 really delivers both beautifully.

With it I still have nearly flawless audio quality while listening to music. They way I fine tuned it you don't really notice its there and on, unless you turn it off in the middle of a song. When you do certainly notice it is when playing action DVDs like Starwars "Revenge of the Sith", etc. When there are expolsions and lightning in movies you really notice it. However, it is never overpowered. Never sloppy, or smeary. It provides very tight, crisp low freq. and always seems to keep pace with whatever is thrown at it. I couldn't be happier. I was looking for the best balance of both worlds and feel that I have achieved it beyond my expectations.

As always there are so many factors that influence the end result in audio. Your milage may vary. I will include my setup specs below for reference.

Arcam DiVA ARV200 - AV Reciever
Arcam DIVA P85 - 2nd Power Amp.
NAD T571- DVD/CD
Furman PM8- Power Conditioner
B&W CDM 9NT - Main Speakers
B&W CDM CNT - Center Channel
B&W ASW 675 - Subwoofer
B&W DM 602 S3 - Back Channels

All speakers Bi Amped with Audioquest Type 2 on top, and Type 4 on bottom of speakers.
CinemaQuest VSD2 Digital Cable
AudioQuest Viper Analog Cables out from ARV200 to my P85 Amp.
Monster Bass 400 Subwoofer Cable and Interconnects

Purchased At:   Classic Stereo

Submitted by J gabriel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2006

Bottom Line:
B&W ASW675 sounds very good and is capable of really nice deep bass. But since I got this sub about year ago, I have replaced it 3 times. Always the same problem: no output! It just stops working for no reason and I usually never drive it hard. I am planning on getting rid of it.

Purchased At:   Dibai, UAE