Audio Pro B2.27
Description: Two side-firing 6.5" woofers in a stylish black high-gloss piano finish.

Submitted by poul a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
My old JBL L100's was replaced by a pair of the beautifully designed Bang & Olufsen active Beolab 8000, but their only 5,9 litre volumen required more high quality bass as I was used to the great bass of the JBL's. The B&O sub is extremely expensive, and my dealer suggested the B 2.27 connected to the B&O Powerlink via a custom made adapter cable - and what a sound ! The B 2.27 produces clear, fast, deep bass in perfect harmoni with the excellent midt- and high-end performance of the Beolab's -and it looks great too !

Purchased At:   Expert

Submitted by Alex Cruden a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
You won't believe a subwoofer with 6.5" drivers can produce such great bass. It's clean, tight and very lively on both music and movies. Inputs for line level LFE and speakers should accommodate every requirement, with frequency adjustment possible between 50-100Hz.

I've auditioned several highly regarded subs with larger drivers (10" and 12") and this unit suggests most of them are over priced!

The physical size (or lack of it!) of the B2.27 means it is very easy to locate - and it looks stunning.

Purchased At:   Audio Active, Auckland

Submitted by Anders Rundgren a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
Good value for the money. I use the B2.27 at my home theatre together with homebuilt sidespeakers.

To my hifi I use the Audio Pro Black Diamond together with B1.39 (400 W). Perhaps it's a good idea to switch the subs. Some home theatre movies require more power than the B2.27 (150 W) can provide.

The B2.27 perform very vell when playing music.

Conclusion: If you want a cheap and small sub for hifi, buy the B2.27. If you want something powerful for home theatre buy something else.

Purchased At:   ONOFF

Submitted by Andrée Månsson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
At first I made what I belive is a pretty common mistake and set the volume (level) of the sub too high. Though I got a powerful demonstration of what this beautiful sub can do, it became to dominant. This was especially true since I use my sub for HiFi purposes as well as home cinema.

BUT! Once I took the time and really adjusted the little power keg to fit my sonic stage I was absolutley dazzled by the result!
In my case, my B2.27 is teamed up with a pair of Audio Pro Black Diamonds and it was just what the doctor ordered. The Black Diamonds really excel in detail and positioning, and now I got the warmth and involving sound I have only heard in MUCH more expensive setups.

Total cost of B2.27 and Black Diamonds in Sweden is $700. For this amount you get $2000 sound. I'm not kidding either...

Purchased At:   Expert

Submitted by Paul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have the B1.35, its big brother.

It sounds greaat even better dan REL and it is not that exensive.

Purchased At:   http://www.radioroelandschap.nl