AMC B1-30
Description: 10 inch woofer, ported

Submitted by madskruse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had been looking at a "few" subwoofers when I bumped into this one. Although not the nicest in appearance, it was far the best in sound!

Purchased At:   Danish Shop

Submitted by FLASH a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a pretty good sub considering it cost bugger all compared to big subs. $700 australian dollars, in comparison and MK V125 costs $1700.00. Americans have it so good with their audio gear prices but i guess it's all relative country vs country.

Music :

My room is 7m x 6m x 2.8m. I listen to all sorts of music from Madonna to Metalica. For the price this is an great sub. I am lucky enough to have a sweet corner where i can load the sub and get tight bass. One sub was plenty for music listening. Punchy and strong not boomy. I really enjoyed this sub with music. 7/10.

Movies :

One sub was good but when you want excitment you just want more, hard hitting in your face bass. Thats why i borrowed another AMC. This was very good, shook my chairs and there was easily enough SPL to make my pants vibrate. The bass hits very hard and you can eliminate nodes and standing waves with two AMC's. BUT, it doesnt go below 28hz very well. Most movie bass in movies is found in the 30-40 hz range but you are missing out on that bottom end rumble.

But then again, think about this, 2 AMC's are still alot cheaper than 1 MK V125 and the SPL is greater.

movies - 1 sub 5/10 . 2 subs 7/10. (remember my room size is med/large)

This is a good sub for the money. You have to spend alot more to get a flat response to 20hz and if you can afford it, do it. To tell you the truth, I did, i now have an MK MX125 MII, but at nearly 4 times the price you might have to draw the line somewhere.

I tried alot of subs looking for the right one, AMC B1-30 is top of the list for a budget sub.

Another positive for this sub is it's design. It is heavy, 20kgs, solid build and dual ports. I had the chance to audition a yamaha yst sw800 also. The yamaha could produce some good SPL but when over 1/2 volume the single port chuffed and puffed, very anoying, because you can hear it. The AMC not matter how much i cranked it, not one peep out the ports at all.

Submitted by Moshe Levy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
At first, a remark about the price. In Israel customs for speakers are 45% + 17% VAT and comes to the total of 70%.
Compare to the other 3 subs i heard at stereo star the AMC was the best and at arround the same price. Paradigm PS 1000 was better but beyond my budget.
Here in my lisening room (my living room) the bass is full and strong, in the movie CUTTHROAT ISLAND the shipguns sound so real (as we in Israel knows from 1st hand) and my sofa was shaken as if the blast was very near. VERY IMPRESSIVE !
I recomend it for limited budget consumers as myself.

Purchased At:   "Stereo Star" Petah-Tikva