Acoustic Research PR1010
Description: 175 -Watt Powered Subwoofer

Submitted by Primergy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
I grabbed this sub at a garage sale for $20 - and given the price I should not complain(...)

For the original price I would say you get ok built quality. While the veneer is super cheap, the MDF housing is
relatively thick and sturdy. At 33pounds it has quite a bit of weight to keep it on the floor.
Here is my complaint: This is a pure home cinema effects sub - the bass is blurry, massive and imprecise.
Great for explosions on the screen, useless and annoying if you use it with music! Better got some full range front speakers so you can switch off the sub ad still have some bass left.

Submitted by a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub as soon as it came out, there were NO reviews on it, so i kinda took a chance, and im glad i did! Best sounding 10" i have heard for the money..

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by Motorhead a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
This review is for the I just got this sub so I haven't gotten a chance to properly set everything yet, but so far I'm impressed with what I've heard from Lords of the Rings and Rob Zombie. Build quality is very impressive. I listened to the Paradigm($350), B&W($600) and Polk($300), but for the money this was the best bang for the buck. Sound great with just the B&W 601 S3's for music. Haven't experienced any problems with auto shut-off as in earlier review. System is a Yamaha HTR 5590, B&W 601 S3 fronts, bose acoustimass 5 with sub for rear, BOSE for rear and center. Hope to upgrade the BOSE soon.

Purchased At:   Bestpriceaudiovideo.

Submitted by Jerry Strano a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought the sub open box for $98 in perfect condition. I was unsure if I should buy the 12" or the 10". I'm glad I went with the 10" becouse it has a great punch to it and realy fills to room. For a 10" it does a very nice job reproducing low signals.

Purchased At:   Brandsmart