AAD S160
Description: <ul> <li>Solid state class A/B</li> <li>160 watts continuous into 4 Ohm</li> <li>10" AAD designed high excursion</li> <li>high BL flat diaphragm</li> <li>23 Hz to 160 Hz +/- 3dB</li> <li>Continuous variable from 30Hz to 160 Hz</li> <li>0 - 180 degree variable</li> <li>RCA (100mv-6v) low level</li> <li>5 way binding post high level</li> <li>Down firing woofer dual rear vents</li> </ul>

Submitted by Rabby a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2013

Bottom Line:
I bought this subwoofer to use with AAD Silver Reference One monitor speakers. It has a full array of inputs/adjustments and a beautiful shape/finish. I also like the factor that it is driven by a traditional internal amp instead of a Class D switching amp, I've tried velodyne DD subs and was not impressed at all. I'd rather live with 160 watt class A/B amp than 1600 watt Class D.

I use this sub mainly for music in a 2.1 system, but I believe most people will find it sufficient for HT as well. It plays loud and deep enough for my like and is not boomy. The down-firing woofer makes the sub relatively easy to position and disappear, though I do have to rotate the sub sideways so that the vents in the back panel stay clear of the back wall.

Play with the control knobs and I was able to get very natural, extended, and musical bass. A remote control would be nice, but at this price/performance/finish I highly recommend this sub, this is a well kept secret weapon in the audiophile world.