Hitachi 32UX59B

Submitted by Craig Weaver a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
Tube Hitachi's may not be sold everwhere but if you can find a dealer they are worth a look. After comparing many 32" models, virtually all brands, the Hitachi had the sharpest picture and best detail.

After fine tuning it with a Video Essensials DVD the picture improved further and after living with the TV for 5 months I feel it's a great value at the $700 price point.

Sort of moving up to $1000, this model is the best we found - and we looked a lot.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Audio/TV

Submitted by Stephen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
I researched and viewed many 32 and 36 in. televisions over the past month. Didn't want to spend a grand or more (no Sony flatscreens). Hitachi has a great service record and I think most bang for the buck. DVD with component inputs look awesome. Check it out for yourself.

Purchased At:   American TV

Submitted by David a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
I went in search of a new 32" TV. I did not want to part with the cash for HDTV or even SDTV. After extensive shopping I had settled on Sony Wega, but I had not choosen the model and the ranged from $1200 - $2000. I went into Belmont TV of Silver Spring MD with my wife to show her the XBR wega and the high end panasonic JVC TV's.The sales person left us alone, and my wife who was really stuggling w/ 2K for a TV especially w/ new source changes on the way.was really focused on 1000 sets +/-. The salesman came back, listened to both of us and suggested looking at the Hitachi ultravision. Well it does not have a ruler flt screen and the sony xbr was alittle better in picture quality, but for less than 1/2 price and 90% of the performance, its a winner in my book. Picture quality, color, whites are white & blacks are black, it is a top performer and an excellant value. We are both extremely pleased and very happy with the 1100 in the bank.