Go Video  TW1730
Description: <ul> <li>Large 17" Widescreen - 16:9 aspect ratio allows movies to be enjoyed in their original format</li> <li>High Brightness, High Contrast Picture - Vivid colors and sharp details</li> <li>Connects to a PC - Can be used as both a television and a computer monitor</li> <li>Picture-in-Picture (P-I-P) - Watch Television while working on the computer</li> <li>Thin, Lightweight Design - Allows more desk space and the ability to be mounted on a wall</li> </ul>

Submitted by Chris a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
Good looking monitor but a total disapointment. I planned to use this mainly as a computer monitor. However the max resolution for PC use is only 1024 x 768. I do not understand why somebody making a 16x9 does not want to take full advantage of the 1280 x 768 potential for PC. I have a couple of 16 x 10 or 16 x 9 monitors and they all accept 1280 x 768.

Do not get fooled by the box which says 1280 x 768. This resolution works for TV use only. Also GoVideo's web page states the wrong resolution for PC use, and their technical support had no explanation.

This baby goes back to Costco.

Submitted by Peter a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have been looking into lcd HDTV for a awhile now, didn't want to shell out the big bucks yet for a big screen.
Wanted something for the bedroom, replaced a 20" tube, also to see what the fuss was all about HDTV.
This 17 widesreen provides a beautifull picture even without a HDTV box!!
I have cable and the clarity of the picture is amazing, I can't wait for the cable company to come and install my HDTV box. (they are backlogged).
Once I satisfy myself that HDTV is what is supposed to be, I will replace my 36" in the living for a 60" LCDTV.

Purchased At:   costco