ONIX Rocket RSS300 Surround Speakers

2-way design, four-driver mirrored adaptive-dipole system, sealed enclosure, 2 custom 1" aluminum dome tweeters, 2 custom 5.25" long-throw aluminum cone woofers, 60Hz-20kHz ±3dB, 6 Ohm impedance, 44lb/pair.

Submitted by dljc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is the greatest rear channel speaker I've heard for home theater. These are a brease to install. I recommend a good drywall anchor with a screw. This really seals the deal with home theater. When everything is going these have my head spinning looking for bullets jets or what ever. These blend so well its like having just the right amount of ice with my Jack Daniels. I just finished watching Kill Bill and WOW !

Submitted by TinHere a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
My RS300's are being used as rear surround speakers mounted high on the side walls near the rear corners in a 5.1 set-up with Rocket RS750's and a Rocket RC200 center. They were designed as side surrounds but work very well with the rear placement. Although they use a different tweeter than the other speakers in the system they blend very well and sound great. I had them rewired in-phase so they would mimic direct radiators for multi-channel music. They come pleasantly alive when the source is directed to them whether it's HT or music. Details are amazing and reproduced realistically. I can listen to this system hour after hour without getting fatigued.

The fit and finish of the real rosewood veneer is excellent, as are the black laquer piano finish endcaps. The overall build quality is substantial and the pictures don't do them justice as has been reported often by owners.

All and all these speakers helped me realize a fantasy of better sound in my home than I hoped for at price I could afford. Great price/performance in a very attractive package.

Submitted by TinHere a Audio Enthusiast