NHT VS2A
Description: AUDIO VIDEO LOUDSPEAKER

Submitted by boomtheroom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
nice natural sounding speaker,clear vocals

Purchased At:   trademe

Submitted by panooch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great center when matched with VT-2's. I doubled them up for even greater dialog with films.

Purchased At:   Web

Submitted by JD3 Dooley a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
Downgrading my Martin Logan 5.1 HT audio/video system to a stereo in the frontroom; I bought 3 of these fine speakers to match my NHT VT-2 speakers for a smaller yet still fun 5.1 HT audio/video system in my family room with a Sony 42 inch Plasma HDTV, Proscan HDTV receiver (need a Sony), Aragon 8008-X3 3 channel amp, Krell 300i integrated amp (for SACD stereo or 2 main speakers), Theta Casa Nova, & Sony 9000ES CD/DVD/SACD transport. The Martin Logan system, when it was a HT, gave better detail & purity with the Logos center, but the Scripts were always weak with limited soundstage. The NHT VS2A on the other hand, give a match timber to the VT-2 mains with more presence & soundstage. I find that I can sit anywhere on the sofa & enjoy a DVD with the NHT system, while the Martin Logan speakers I always had to have the sweet spot. I agree with NHT theory completely: that all tweeters & mid-ranges should match to give a balance tonality & presence while letting the main speakers take the mid lows & the sub of coarse the extreme lows. A great value & of coarse one could buy better but at what price?

Purchased At:   YAWA

Submitted by Steve a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was using a cheap center from Polk,purchased from Cicuit(cheap)City.I guess there is no comparison. Voicing,sound effects,music takes on a new vividness and realism. Great purchase on my part considering the price I paid. I give it an overall **** rating cause I,ve heared better, but for alot more.

Purchased At:   Wavelength Audio, Dallas,TX

Submitted by KEITH a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
Matched up with SuperOnes front and rear this is an ideal sonic match. I listened to the smaller center channel and it really called attention to itself on dialog which sounded too centered and weak. Highly recommended and worth the extra $$.