Klipsch RS-3 Surround Speakers

4.8/5 (20 Reviews) MSRP : $550.00

Two-way system using two 1" (2.54cm) K-106-K titanium dome,compression drivers with 90°x 60° Tractrix Horns and one 6.5" (16.5cm) K-1086-S aluminum cone woofer.

Submitted by AudioPhileExpert101 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
These Surround Speakers are definitely a player in the high end audio world. For the money they are fantastic. The overall sound quality is great. Value!!!

Purchased At:   Friend

Submitted by ppellegrini a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
Purchased RC-7, RS-7 (surrounds), RS-3 II (rears), RSW-12, and an Outlaw 950/770 Preamp/Amp. Using my Chorus' for the fronts. The system sounds great - quite an upgrade from my old Pioneer SX-1280 receiver. Compared to everything else, I had to boost the RS-3's to balance the sounds. Overall they sounded great -- for a couple weeks that is. The first time I gave them a workout I fried the woofer in both RS-3s. I was surprised, as I didn't think I had everything turned up too much. Called the store, and they're going to swap me for an upgrade to RS-7 for the rears (on my request).

Purchased At:   Classic Stereo

Submitted by kevygl a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have been a long time believer in the quality of Klipsch Speakers. Since the first pair of Klipsch KG4's I bought in 1985. I still have and love my KG4's. So when I was looking to build my surround sound system around the KG4's. I looked no further then the Klipsch website. I researched all the spec's on there many different surround sound speakers. I then went to a local dealer to listen to them all. Out of all of the surrounds I listened to; Klipsch and others. I found I liked Klipsch RS-3 II's best. The 6.5" woofer and the two 6" tweeter's was the only thing I found the matched the sound and performance of my KG4's. They sound perfect together. I love listening to all kinds of music from Jazz to Rock to Country. I can hear a true range of sound from the surrounds. They also sound really good reproducing sound effects in movies. I definately recommend these speakers to anyone looking for the best sounding surround speakers under $600.

Purchased At:   BrandNamez.com

Submitted by msgraphik a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
These Klipch speakers are smoking! They are wonderful except one developed an ozone that is so bad I delveloped headaches from it. I had it gladly replaced under warranty. Solid warranty but the test comes now after I've found a dark carbon like substance emitted from the one of the cones of the other one. It now rattles. If they replace it I will be happy but all said and done I really miss my Bose AM15 Series II I sold for this set. Oh well we all make mistakes. If you are an audiophile you should give these a considerable amount of rethought. Hear them at several dealers and inpect the quality. I've found the carbon problem at one other dealer in their display also.

Purchased At:   hifi buys

Submitted by tillercraig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
well i finally have my complete rf3II system. I received my sub today and this system rocks, thumps, does everything you can throw at them and, and ask is that it?
well the surround really hold their own in this system I was surprised and how great they are but Klipsch has really surprised me with every speaker in this system. They do what they are supposed to do and they do it with style and comfort.
only Klipsch