KLH HT9930 Surround Speakers

Center Channel Speaker, Two Full-Range Rear Speakers.

Submitted by Beckmen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2005

Bottom Line:
Yes, avoid these speakers. I got this set to replace my JVC Sattilite speakers (SX-XSW350 sold with the DS-TP350 HTIB) and it turns out the tiny, no-bass JVC speakers are far better than these things. I was surprised that such big speakers and such an acclaimed brand would produce such murky sound.

Purchased At:   Rex TV

Submitted by freznosmooth211 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
The previous review had it pretty much covered. I got these for free with my reciever and even free isnt worth the pain you'll go through listening to these. These are simply awful, and the fact that they charge $100 dollars for them normally blows my mind. There is absolutely no range, I think my speaker phone sounds better.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by atomix a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
Crap. Absolute crap. Avoid it like the plague. I have yet to see a KLH product that warrents it''''''''s minimal price. If you want some bang for you buck BIC''''''''s are good, personally Axiom Audio is my current favorite.

Not to go into much depth about these speakers, since they don''''''''t deserve any sort of critical evaluation....they are cheaply made and sound like it. Sound has no imaging, is coloured, sounds muffled, and has very poor frequency response. To top it all off, they seem to be difficult to drive (lots of wattage needed).

Purchased At:   Best Buy