Cambridge Soundworks The Surround II 5.1
Description: Switchable Bi-Polar/Di-Polar

Submitted by Alvin Cooper a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I couldnt wait to get these babies in the mail after I ordered them. But after getting them and hearing the dipole affect and seeing what all the hype was about, I was dissappointed in the peformance.I hear no noticable difference between my Center/surrounds IV, III, or these over glamorized surrounds. I mean really, these surrounds dont add anything to your listening experience that any other $100.00 surrounds dont. I tried every DVD I have trying to convince myself that they are worth the purchase. It's still early, so made alittle more tweaking here and there maybe , just maybe it can sound better.Even after tweaking the hell out of it with Sound and Visions Set-up DVD, I still dont see what the big fuss is for Dipoles.

Purchased At:   Cambridge Soundworks

Submitted by GYOUNG3373 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
Replaced earlier Cambridge speakers, and WOW what a difference. I have used Cambridge speakers since they first came out. The old ones are still in u

Submitted by Jim Butler a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
Theses were my second "refurbished" speakers from Cambridge Soundworks. As with the center channel speaker that I purchased these were in pristine new condition and they do exactly what they were built to do which is deliver excellent surround sound. I couldn't be more pleased and I was struck by the weight of these little devils. They are built!

Purchased At:   EBay

Submitted by Budiman Johan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great surround speakers for the price

Purchased At:   CSW

Submitted by matthew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
I love these little speakers. They create a great effect field it's almost hypnotizing. For those who say "these speakers are too small" or "try listening to music through them, they sound tiny" I say - Well, they are not made to play music and they are not made reproduce massive bass hits, that's what the mains and the sub are for. In my opinion surround speakers are supposed to create the effect fullnesss, they are supposed to blend into the rest of the sound and not show themselves until the soundtrack dictates they should. I have listened to tons of systems where the surrounds we're cranked up way to high, it's distracting...of course this is sound, and we all hear it different, this is just my opinion. Anyway, these babies are a great value, they blend seemlessly into my system.

Purchased At:   Cambridge Soundworks