Bose AM15
Description: Bose Home Theater Speaker System- AM15BK/ 5 Magnetically Shielded Mini Dual Cube Speakers/ Direct Reflecting Speaker Technology/ Powered Accoustimass Dual Woofer/ Handles Up To 200 Watts/ Black Finish

Submitted by RYAN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2011

Bottom Line:
AM 15 one of the best Home Theater systems Bose has invented with Woofer so powerful its simply great.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Aford5 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2010

Bottom Line:

Purchased the AM15 series II as part of an overall home theatre & flat panel deal from a Big Box store during the 2009 Xmas Holiday sales, so price was discounted heavily to $US 660 (plus Txs). Intended for our 12ft x 18ft family room so no place for towers. Called Bose and had them upgrade the centre speaker to horizontal version for an extra $25, so now it's a series III.

Wanted a high current 5.1 receiver with discrete output transistors, so went with Onkyo TX-SR507 (65W x 5).

After wall mounting TV panel and speaker satellites, I spent few days (after work) tweaking the Onkyo for optimum calibration/placement/equalization levels. Didn't go with the Audyssey calibration, found I could achieve better results on my own.

I'm extremely happy with the overall sound from the Bose/Onkyo combination. Getting the correct Bass without 'boominess' was difficult, finally realized this was likely due to high input sensitivity of the Bass Module input to the Onkyo Pre-Amp. Reduced Onkyo subwoofer output level 3db in relation to satellites and set the Onkyo distance level adjustment closer than the satellites (so the volume is reduced to it in relation to the satellites). Now getting smooth, deep bass at all volume levels, with the ability of 'punching' it with no saturation. I like listening to R&B, can turn up the volume and the Bose will take all of it without distortion - this setup can shake my neighbour's windows - it is loud.

The satellites are natural sounding. Watching 'Planet Earth' in Blu-Ray with the volume at intermediate levels and it's difficult to pinpoint sound source. Sound is dispersed from cube arrays without the 'blaring' I've heard from other systems. I don't experience any noticeable low-range dropoffs that I've read from other reviewers. The high tones could be marginally crisper at low volume, however the Bose shines at intermediate and louder levels where other speakers that I've listened to begin screeching.

I would recommend the AM15 for home theatre applications, but be prepared to spend som etime calibrating them. True 'Audiophiles' should not be buying these for 'pure audio'. You won't get pure audio from a digital source (blu-ray) driving a digital class D amp in an acoustically challenged family room (If you want 'pure audio' then get yourself a good turntable, a class A tube amp and some decent 12in speakers and go lock yourself in the basement away from the kids and turn off the furnace fan).

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by brad sydney australia a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
I baught the bose am15 series 3 because a friend of mine had an old bose am15 system with the passive sub. I thaught that system sounded great. The series 3 sounds even better the powered sub is increradible and the sound i get out of them is increadable . This system is upgradable to 6.1 but if u use the bose vcs10 for centre channel runing directly to your reciever you can use it as a 7.1 system.

Great system looks great, sound better totaly recomended

Submitted by Frogman11 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
To all that are thinking that Bose are the best, or even think that they make a good system or speaker. Please believe me when I say the lifestyle system is garbage. The speakers are very inadequate. I was suckered by name brand and hip. If I did my research I would of discovered that bose makes junk and doesn't back up there product. I have spent 100s trying to get this system to sound good. I have hired experts to see if I was doing somthing wrong. I have it set up correct since day 1. Its just that Bose makes a bad product. Bose is a low end quality product. That has a purpose in the low end market and should sell for $100 for the entire system. If anyone disagrees e-mail me and I will sell my system for a fraction of what I paid for it. I would actually give them 0 stars. But 1 was as low as they will go

Purchased At:   CC

Submitted by bernard1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2005

Bottom Line:
I BOUGHT THIS SYSTEM BRAND NEW ONLINE FOR THE BEST DEAL AND I GOT AN UPGRADE SYSTEM KIT TO MAKE IT BOSE AM16. YOU CAN BUY THE UPGRADE SYSTEM KIT ONLINE STARTING FROM $175 AT AMAZON.COM UPTO $199 FROM BESTBUY.COM. I THINK NOBODY CAN BEAT THE PRICE.

Purchased At:   ONLINE