Velodyne Acoustics VX-10 Subwoofers

• The internal high-pass crossover is variable from 50-200 Hz
  • A discrete component A/B class amplifier
  • 100 watts RMS/150 watts Dynamic Power
  • Cabinet: An acoustically neutral LDF, ported enclosure
  • "RCA" inputs for connection to the subwoofer/LFE output of a receiver or processor and spring-loaded, high-level inputs. RCA low-level outputs and spring-loaded, high-level outputs are included.

Submitted by Rob Skiba a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bought my first one a year and a half ago and was really impressed, especially when used in conjuction with a second subwoofer (an 8" Tang Band w/ 100watt amp). The two together would blow so much air that they could blow a bath towel up. I bought a second vx10 when I put together my surround sound system. Now I've got a Pioneer 7.1 system (110 watts/channel) with 7 matching Carver MTMs (200 watts RMS power handling each), the two vx10s and 4 Aura Pro tactile transducers running on a second Pioneer amplifier. I think the vx10s are the best sounding subwoofer for the price and Velodyne is a name that you can trust.

Purchased At:   Audio Expo

Submitted by gcdtrek a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2007

Bottom Line:
I did not expect a lot but every review on this product was positive. I was more than happy with this unit,real tight bass, goes only to the mid 30 hz but few ears can hear that low anyway. Good deal

Purchased At:   Vann's

Submitted by 1138 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
Great woofer! Won't shake your house down but will hit you in the gut and put a smile on your face! For the price and great build, it is a great deal for any home system!

I listen to music and watch movies through a Marantz 100 watts receiver, connected to two 501's Bose main speakers, with a bose center channel, with Acoustic Research wireless speakers as my rears. The I already had a enough bass from my Bose's, but wanted just a little extra kick...well the Velodyne kicked me in the butt! It was an awesome compliment to my system! It is very loud for my living room which is a medium sized rectangle, so I just keep the volume at level 3!

The Bass is really nice and tight without any disortion! It's deep without the house shaking. Which is fine with me since I don't need my house to fall!

It's designed nicely too with a slick black cabinent and properly layed out controls! Nothing feels cheap on this baby! It's more than worth the price! The only drawback is the grill is dark grey instead of black but that is a minor quibble!

Overall I love this woofer which really took my system to the next level. Of course there are better more expensive models out there, but for my budget this was well worth the purchase!

Purchased At:   B&H

Submitted by 1138 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
Geat subwoofer! Tight bass, great build!! Won't shake your house to the core, but it will rock your gut just enough to put a smile on your face! For the price it is a real, real nice subwoofer!

I have it hooked to a 5.1 system where I listen to music and watch movies. It rocks for music and it really rocks for movies! The woofer works well with my Bose fronts and center channel speakers! In fact my living room is a medium sized rectangle and the woofer can be a little to loud...so I just keep the volume at three...now that is a nice problem to have. The woofer is hooked to my Marantz receiver and it drives the velodyne nicely!!! I am really happy!!

Did plenty of research and people really liked it and with the right price took a chance! The sucker is big though and heavy so if you buy it make sure you have transportation and room to put it in your living room!

The build quality is exceptional! The sleek black look is nice and the controls are all very sturdy. The wood grain look on other woofers were never in my ipinion to attractive. This woofer has a subdued but elegant look. The only drawback is the grill is a dark grey rather than a deep black...but that is a minor drawback.

Purchased At:   B&H

Submitted by Robert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
I wanted to upgrade from my Sony Subwoofer, and I must say this Sun literally blows away the Sony!,
Movies so far have been great, Master & Commander, Star Wars, T2 etc.
Music sounds great too Eagles Hell freezes over, Seal, Eric Clapton, James Taylor
all nice clean bass!
Sub is easy to use with a little tweaking!
I am very happy