Velodyne Acoustics VA-1250X Subwoofers

4.8/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $1000.00

Submitted by xconron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
really pleased with purchase, goes low with authority, never heard the low rumble on Battlebots as the music pulses as they say, "its robot fightin time" with my energy like i do with this 1250x velodyne. great with home theatre, may not be the ultimate with music sometimes but this was a big step up. hooked up friend with my old energy 90watt, 12incher for nice price and yet still able to step up without alot of new investment. cheap up grade. lets face it, most subs in big cities like here in nyc never really get pushed to hard in apartment living so used subs are a pretty safe bet in my book. also resale will be easy with the overall positive reviews, reputation and advertising that Velodyne does. in my 12x20 room cant really turn up the volume past 3 and STILL have to turn down the output on my Yamaha rxv992 to -10 or -15 in order to stand it in prologic or cd use, sounds best with my apex dvd when put back up to zero on dvd play and velo set at 3

Purchased At:   used from private seller

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is an incredible sub. I bought this sub to replace my Velodyne CT120, which is also a great sub. Music and Home Theater never sounded better than they have with the addition of the 1250X. I auditioned several subwoofers in the $1000-1500 price range (M&K, Paradigm, Energy, Klipsch, Definitive Technology, PSB, Pinnacle) and in my opinion, the Velodyne 1250X is the best bang for the buck subwoofer out there.

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is an incredible sub. I bought this sub to replace my Velodyne CT120, which is also a great sub. Movies and Home Theater never sounded better than they have with the addition of the 1250X. I auditioned several subwoofers in the $1000-1500 price range (M&K, Paradigm, Energy, Klipsch, Definitive Technology, PSB, Pinnacle) and in my opinion, the Velodyne 1250X is the best bang for the buck subwoofer out there.

Submitted by Jerry a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
For my room size, this is a super sub woofer. Must be pushed to really outrageous levels before any distortion is noted.
Fills in real nicely with my klf20's. Very smooth crossover and very good response down to thumping frequencies.
Noticed that the feet rotate. Front grill broke off in shipment, waiting replacement. All 4 of the ball and socket snaps were sheered off. Shipping contained a bit wimpy.