Ultimate Speaker Company SW-1212 Subwoofers

3.8/5 (10 Reviews)

Sub-Woofer

Submitted by cudaboy340 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2006

Bottom Line:
Hi I have not been able to listen to my sw-1010 because the good will ware I got it did not have the remote. PLEASE tell me someone has a way I can get one. I tried 2 universal remotes and nothing.

Purchased At:   good will

Submitted by gregory zirzow a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
Well gentlemen, I must be very lucky, I not only bought the
st-1010 but also the st-1212 . The 1010 has no remote control so I would rate it a little lower. I have no hiss problem, no hum problem that some have discribed here. This 12" powered sub-woofer is incredible. I have had it connected to various AVreceivers, Sony, Awia, and now it's connected to a Pioneer VSX-509S and it shakes the neighbors house with its booming power. I have never had the need for service, so I probably will be upset when I find that there is none, but I can live with this fact, since I kind of bought this as a throw away.(because of the low price tag).
If one comes available again , unused, I'd bye it in a heart beat! So should you, you will not be disappointed.
Remember, Sub-woofers must be tweaked to the room and equipment its' attached to, for best results.

Purchased At:   microwarehouse auction

Submitted by TP a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
Sounded great the first 3 months, a little hum. Then it hit me! No remote, no IR it died! Took it to repair shop, got the hum fixed, they put a part in backwards. I still want to use it but lost the number to the company. If there is anyone that has it e-mail me please!!

Submitted by BZ a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
I guess I'm just the lucky one out of everyone here, because I don't hear any "humming" noises at all.. at low volumes, no volume or during quiet interpauses in a movie/music. The only noise I hear is when I'm adjusting the volume and frequency with the remote at which it kinda clicks, but aside from that, it's perfect when I'm watching a movie and everything is rumbling around me!I give it a perfect 5 for it's price and sound quality..
btw I also bought the ST1010 10" 150 watt subwoofer because I loved the SW1212 so much.

Submitted by RM a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is a follow up of my experiment with the radioshack insulation -- Well I must say, that I was very disappointed upon seeing the insides of this subwoofer. Basically, the quality of the components is very poor. The transformer noise level did go down by about 10-15% but still existing. Again this is a result of cheap components (transformer). The complete subwoofer is made in china. Also the way the speaker has been put together is very disappointing -- the quality of the plywood and the screws drilled into this frame etc. etc. -- I would advise not to open up the guts of this unit unless you want to feel sad! -- I did notice a marginal improvement in the quality of the bass though (with the addition of the insulation) -- Still I think its not a bad deal at around $120 (including shipping and insulation)- However, I'd bring down my earlier rating from 4 to 2 stars.