Tannoy PS115 Subwoofers

subwoofer

Submitted by Kerav Shimon a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
I like the subwoofers performance. We r using the sub with 2
of the system 12 monitors for playback of mixes. We have problems maintaining true sub levels because of the frequency roll offs

Purchased At:   Guitar Center

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
this is an update to my review below ..... just wanted to say that after configuring my system properly, i will now give this sub 5/5 for performance.
I took out the insert from the second port, sort of corner loaded the sub itself, angled it differently, brough the level up one notch in the pre-amp stage and turned it slightly down on the sub itself, and adjusted the crossover.
Now, my 21'x22' cement room shakes during exlosions and in long bass notes, it gets windy .. no joke.. this sucker pushes so much air that if i just loop the part of Contact where the rings spin, I can save on air conditioning bills :)
still giving it 4 stars for value cause I think it's kinda expensive (for me the value was 5/5 cause of the deal)

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
while this is the first sub in my HT, I got it since the retailer cut me a killer deal cause it was a demo model -$500 (retail is $1200). I must say i am not that impressed with it. I should add that it is in a 22'x21' basement with cement floors so bass probably doesnt cary very well.
This unit has a huge 15" driver and a 100w (or 105w) amp. Just from common sense it seem weak to me.. it's a huge driver and I honestly dont think the built-in amp can suffice for it. Now of course this could be something due to the fact that it's a demo unit and isnt performing to it's peak but i doubt it. Basically, you hardly ever see the cone really vibrate. While the bass is very deep, it's not too strong. No "hit you in the chestbone" feeling from it. Again - maybe it's room acoustics, but it seems that a sub that size should be significantly better.

Submitted by bleh a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
am i the only one that owns this sub?