SVS Model 20-39CS Subwoofers

4.94/5 (49 Reviews) MSRP : $429.00

Passive Subwoofer o Power handling, 300 watts RMS. 4 Ohm load. o 20 Hz tuning point o +/- 3 dB 20 Hz-80 Hz o 39" tall Optional Subwoofer Amp Price includes shipping.

Submitted by vitcus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
I'll bet SVS are a bunch of geeky guys ( like Bill Gates ) who had a great idea and put every effort into making one of the best subs on the planet!
I bought this work of art this past summer, and I'm in constant awe!
This finely engineered piece of machinery, always surprises me. Every time a new movie is played, The sub electrifies me! I still can't get used to this thing! The bass is tight as a drum! And talk about quick!

Now. I'm talking about ONE SVS! Can you imagine more?
That is me evil plan! HAHAHAHAHA!

Purchased At:   SVS

Submitted by eyk82 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
This sub plays phenomenally. I get goosebumps everytime I play Das Boot. Clean, Clean , heart-thumping bass. This is a no brainer guys, get this sub.

Denon avr-1804
AR surrounds
SVS 20-39cs

Submitted by a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I can only say the best things about this subwoofer. It is simply amazing and what I expect from an American built piece of machinery. The tight accurate bass makes me wanna dance to every song. This rhythm is really going to move ya.

This subwoofer is definately the star of my home theatre system. The size impresses my friends too :) -

If you want some good tight heart thumping bass, you know where it's at!

Purchased At:   www.svsubwoofers.com

Submitted by mark m a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
Flat out the hardest hitting cleanest subs on the market for the price. I compared my subs with every major brand of the same price and it rained. I ever put it up against some high dollar subs and it dominated. Watching Days OF Thunder with these subs makes it seem like the your at the track. I had pictures falling off the walls, my wife hates them but thats life. Sounded really clean and accu. with all types of music.

Purchased At:   svs

Submitted by Doug C a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
I just thought I would post to balance out Jason's review below a little. I've owned a pair of SVS Ultras for a year now and comments are as follows:

Nothing to criticize as far as build quality. The sub is very solid and appearance of mine are very professional. Personally I prefer the cylinder design as opposed to the box design of my 18" Velodyne.

My Velodyne weighs 100+ pounds so initially I was skeptical that the SVS at 35 pounds could do much? Well all I can say is that in many head to head comparisons (twin SVS vs. 18" Velodyne) the SVS come out on top no question.

The SVS are much easier to move when experimenting with sub placement (just tilt and roll). Im my opinion they are easier to place in rooms and occupy less space.

I also feel there is an advantage to having two medium output subs as opposed to one big sub. I place one SVS in each front corner and get more uniform bass throughout the room as opposed to the 18" Velodyne in one corner by itself.

It hard to go wrong with SVS!