Sunfire True Subwoofer MKII

Submitted by Din a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
When I first read all the prior reviews here I must admit I was a little skeptical to buy this subwoofer but now I feel I am glad I did. Specially that I spent half the original price and it's a great value at that!

The bass is pretty deep and I am now able to distinctly hear the sounds that I have been missing with all the previous subwoofers. The sound from this amazing subwoofer is very tight, fast and musical. I am using this sub as part of my stereo set-up that has a pair of B&W Nautilus 804s hooked up to my Rega Planet CD player/McCormack RLD-1 and DNA-225 pre and power amps. Of course, the sound from this sub can get really loud and is capable of rumbling through the entire furniture pieces kept close to it but I have toned it down to just sound right with my main speakers. Beyond it's sonic capability, the Sunfire subs are so small they can easily be hidden away under a side table which keeps my better half happy as well:-)

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is in the market looking for a sub for two-channel stereo as well as in an HT set-up.

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by Din a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2007

Bottom Line:

The bass is pretty deep and I am know able to hear bass sounds that I have missing with all the previous subwoofers. The sound from this amazing subwoofer is very tight, fast and musical. I am using this sub as part of my stereo set-up that has a pair of B&W Nautilus 804s hooked up to my Rega Planet CD player/McCormack RLD-1 and DNA-225 pre and power amps. Of course, the sound from this sub can get really loud and is capable of rumbling through the entire furniture pieces kept close to it but I have toned it down to just sound right with my main speakers. Beyond it's sonic capability, the sunfire subs are so small they can easily be hidden away under a side table which keeps my better half happy as well:-)

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is in the market looking for a sub for 2 channel stereo as well as in an HT set-up.

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by mazspeed a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is the fastest most explosive sub I have tested near this price range. Had to have it. It plays music, and HT perfectly. Never had the hum that others have had.

Purchased At:   Paradise Sound

Submitted by Craig Couchman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have owned several subbies and this is easily the best. Bass that will knock your socks off.Remarkable subwoofer. I too had the hum problem , i tried ground isolater,didnt work, different power point,didnt work until i read all the reviews here and found the problem was in the volume control. I took the volume knob off and carefully tightened the nut.Presto,there s the problem. Probably loosened by the massive movement from the speaker cones.

Submitted by duc a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought a sunfire sub-wooofer, and the first movie I watched was tombraider. Suddenlly, I heard a loud popping nosie, and discovered that the sub's driver was busted. I took it back to the dealer and exchanged for a new one. At first, I thought it would not happen again, but after 22 months the same thing occured. I went back to the dealer and talked to my saleman and he agreeed to return it to the factory and give me the credit. I did not want to repair it because when my warrantee is over I am afraid the problem will occur again.

Price Paid:    $2000.00