SVS PB10-NSD
Description: SVS PB10-ISD Box Sub <BR> <LI> Proprietary SVS-designed long-throw 10" woofer built by TC-Sounds <LI> 300 watt BASH digital switching amp <LI> Computer aided cabinet design with 1" front baffle <LI> Front-firing design with flush fit woofer <LI> Patented 3" wide-flare port fittings <LI> Six removable, compliant floor isolation points <LI> Four finish choices to match any decor <LI> Color-keyed fabric grill with chromed mounting pins <LI> Extra heavy-duty removable 8 foot power cord <LI> Contemporary, "seamless" cabinet styling <LI> +/- 3 dB 18 Hz-100 Hz or better in nearly any room <LI> Compact size: 15" wide x 18" high x 21" deep <LI> Weight: 60 pounds <LI> 220~240V 50/60Hz configuration available

Submitted by LAZCURDUG a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2011

Bottom Line:
Great, great subwoofer. An excellent value. Goes down to 20Hz. Very powerful sub. If you are not familiar with the Aurelex SubDude, get one and place your sub on it. It will significantly reduce floor and wall reverberations.
This sub is excellent for music and let's you feel the action during movies. The only point of discussion is whether you want an item this size in your living room, but I'm a believer in the SVS "size matters" theory of subwoofer design. 5 stars all the way.

Submitted by christopher a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2011

Bottom Line:
I picked one up and couldnt be happier with my purchase. It made me want to pull out every cd/ dvd from my collection and give them another spin. everything old sounds new again, this sub gave everything a whole new dimension in sound. I LOVE its monolithic all business styleing with no fancy bells or whistles, just lots of deep hard hitting bass you can feel in the pit of your chest. The ps 10 nsd will embaress any other "entry level" sub out there I can promise you that, I've had my share. even subs above and beyond its price tag. I sold a 1000 velodyne dollar to replace it with this svs after hearing a friends. if its in your budget range get one, you wont regret it.

Submitted by BPBear a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2008

Bottom Line:
I have used this sub since December 2007 and it is simply fantastic - especially for the price. Using the Stereophile Test CD bass tracks to test and set up the sub, I got good extension in my room down to 25 hertz -at a moderate volume the sub literally rattled wall mounted sconces that were 20 feet away whenever I played the 25 hertz tone! My listening room is large but this sub is all I need to extend the bass of my main speakers (which already reached to 30 hertz ). Deep bass such as pipe organ and movie effects are reproduced with extreme weight and clarity; no cabinet rattling or other colorations are detectable. Also, don't let the lack of a built in crossover put you off buying one - I used passive in-line crossovers (Harrison F Mods 50 hertz low pass) between my preamp and the sub and except for reducing the volume to the main speakers sonewhat it works just fine. I have recently bought a Pyle Pro active crossover and use it along with the F mods and the gain has been restored (and the slope is now 24 db/octave), and the bass is now extended down to 20 hertz. To sum up : Awesome sub, excellent build, excellent value

Product model year:   2007

Purchased At:   SVS website

Submitted by Fred Bolger a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2008

Bottom Line:
At only $499 (CDN), this 10" subwoofer blows away every comparably-priced 10" subwoofer...and any number of 12" subs, too! (My older and very capable 12" DefTech ProSub 200TL was no match for the PB10-NSD.)

It's solidly-built, but not overly-large or overly-heavy. It looks good, it sounds great and it literally shakes the floors of my main-floor family room when necessary. ( "Master & Commander" and "Cloverfield" really help make the point.) It's also quite musical, blending nicely with my Paradigm 7se speakers for 2-channel listening.

If you're on a budget but still want to enjoy a poweful and versatile subwoofer, look no further than the PB10-NSD!

Purchased At:   SonicBoomAudio.com

Submitted by kfilly a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
I would like to start out by thanking audioreview.com for placing banner ads on their website. Without those ads, I would have never even considered SVS subwoofers. I also have to thank the reviewers for this product for their glowing opinions of this particular subwoofer. I took a leap of faith since these are only sold online basing my judgment soley by what total strangers were saying about this product. I am glad that I took that chance! SVS offers a 45 day trial period in which you can get your money back if not satisfied (minus shipping of course) for those partially afraid as I was.

This little ten inch woofer rocks. The bass is incredibly clear, and this speaker sounds very accurate. I hear sound details that I never heard from other powered subs (Like reverberation sounds in a rolling thunder clap). Also, there is little to no audible port noise. The sub hits very low. I have not metered it, but I know it hits a lot lower than the Sony sub I replaced. Movies and music both sound a whole lot better! It makes me want to watch all of my DVDs all over again to hear/feel everything that I missed!

The sub was easy to calibrate to my system. I have it hidden a corner of my room which was no easy feat. If people do not know it is there, they would not even know that I had a sub providing those low frequency effects. That is how seemless the integration is.

I use this sub in a 12 ft x 30 ft room with 8 ft ceilings. My room is fairly open to the rest of my house. The sub fills this room with ease. My house literally will shake, and things in my listening room will vibrate. I have the volume a little more than a third of the way up, and the bass output on my receiver is set to zero.

Purchased At:   SVS direct