Polk Audio PSW404
Description: <ul> <li>video-shielded</li> <li>slot-loaded enclosure</li> <li>200-watt RMS amp</li> <li>10" front-firing, long-excursion driver</li> <li>frequency response 32-160 Hz (-3dB)</li> <li>continuously variable 60-125 Hz crossover</li> <li>unfiltered LFE input for 5.1 bass</li> <li>line-level input</li> <li>speaker-level input and output with binding post connectors</li> <li>volume control</li> <li>phase switch</li> <li>auto on/off</li> <li>real wood veneer</li> <li>13-5/8"W x 14-5/16"H x 18-1/4"D</li> </ul>

Submitted by Hamradioman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2011

Bottom Line:
This was my first sub woofer. Picked it up from an online for sale site for $100 in new condition and could not be happier. At first I was afraid the sub would bang my walls like so many car stereos I constantly hear .... ARRRGH!!!! I connected the sub to the LFE jack on Denon receiver and then to the LFE on the sub, plugged the sub in a put on a CD. I have the sub volume at 1/2 and let me tell you, what a difference. Solid and clear bass but NOT overwhelming. There is a noticeable improvement overall. Finally my girlfriend and I sat for 2 hrs and watched my ACDC Live concert DVD. WOW! Had I known a sub would make such a difference I would have bought one years ago. The Polk Audio PSW-404 is a nice match to my Polk Audio Monitor 40 speakers. This sub may be 7 years old but it looks like it was made yesterday and is built like a tank at 46 lbs. I HIGHLY recommend the PSW-404. If you have a chance to get one in good shape BUY IT!

Submitted by zoid-sf a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
Great sub for music. Not into home theater so don't know how the "boom & bang" crowd would rate it. Does NOT overpower the music when setup properly.

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by mbalari a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2004

Bottom Line:
First, the bottom line: It's well worth the money. The ratio of value to its price point is high. I'm more than happy with this sub

Purchased At:   DIGITAL AUDIO