Pinnacle AC Sub 100
Description: 10" subwoofer with 100 watt internal amplifier. Response goes down to 33 Hz at -3dB.

Submitted by shaggy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
dude above me most likely bought it at the same place, i was willing to buy it for 300 as that was the price in the ad, when they said 200 i was sold, while the ac100 is certainly not going to blow you away with bass, it packs a nice clean punch. i say that it is the perfect complement to anyone with floor speakers since it gives just the right amount of bass. for home theater, i am very impressed although i have never heard many other systems. i run it with polk rt600s and the center that comes with, and infitity rears. the jvc reciever will soon be replaced with something yamaha rxv995 or 2095, but even with the piece of crap jvc, i am quite impressed with the ac100, and for 200, would recommend it to anyone. value obviously a 5, overall i would give it a 4.5 if i could since the sub doesnt put out an extreme amount of bass

Purchased At:   grafitti audio

Submitted by Soe Lin Post a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
I had been looking for a good subwoofer for a while. My budget was kind of tight and I wasn't thinking of getting something over $300. I looked at some subs from BestBuy--Sony, Yamaha, JBL, etc, that were less than $300. There were some in my price range, subs with power ranging from 60W-100W. I heard them all. They were all weak and sounded pretty bad. Discouraged, I thought I'd have to spend a lot more for a sub with 200W.

I came across a store in DC, and found the Pinnacle AC Sub 100 were on sale for $199. Sure, they are 100W, but, the price was great so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try listening to them in the store. The sales person demonstrated the sub. We listened it on all volume levels. When I heard them, I knew these were the subs to get. You know--this sub isn't going to rock the house but for the price, and at 100W, they were definitely the BEST I've heard. Needless to say, I am very happy with my purchase.