Phase Technology Power 8 Subwoofers

The newly styled Power 8 subwoofer combines compact size with an attractively sculpted cabinet and a high powered amplifier. This new addition to the Power Series from Phase Tech has all the amenities of its larger counterparts including ""auto-on"" switching, in a compact enclosure that may be used freestanding or fit into cabinets where larger woofers cannot go. Available in two finishes with matching detachable black fabric grill.

Submitted by Krusher a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub for use in a small room with a 5.1 capable computer. Overkill maybe, but I am using some Klipsch RS3-II's in the front that were missing low-end on movies. Sounds great with music, not boomy so long as you keep the volume on it down. I was cautious at first because it's not sold everywhere like some name brands, but the warranty period is great. For the price it'll work excellent in small rooms, or for those who don't need lots of subsonic bass.

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by drsilence a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was planning on buying the Paradigm PDR 10 for my first surround sound system, when the salesman also pointed out the Power 8. I liked the Power 8 because it wasn't as boomy as the PDR 10.

If you live in an apartment like I do, you have to be carefull because the PDR 12 (which was my first choice because I was going by reviews) is real nice but is overkill for an apartment.

I figured since I wouldn't really be able to utilize the PDR 12, that I would go with the PDR 10. But the Phase Tech Power 8 had a tighter sound, which worked really well for music and the salesman said it works well for movies. I've watched Saving Private Ryan and some other war movies and I don't have any complaints.

Now according to the salesman, PDR 10 technically goes down lower, around 20 hz, where the Phase Tech is somewhere around around 25 - 30hz. I figue I'll be upgrading some of my equipment once I move into a house.

My set up

receiver: Yamaha RX-V630
Mains: Paradigm Titan
Rears: Paradigm Atom
Receiver: Paradigm CC 170

Purchased At:   Audio Craft

Please add the new series of Linn Chakra power amplifiers (8 new products):

Please add the new series of Linn Chakra power amplifiers (8 new products): product names: C2100, C3100, C4100, C5100, C6100 and C2200, C3200, C4200 type of product: power amplifier manufacturer: Linn website: [url]www.linn.co.uk[/url] picture: [url]http://www.linn.co.uk/news/press_re...28861 ... Read More »