Phase Technology Power 10
Description: The Power 10 is the workhorse of the Power Series featuring a 100 watt internal servo amplifier with ""auto-on"" driving the 10"" front firing woofer. The output level control is featured under the front grill so that you can avoid pulling the woofer with all the cables and connections away from the wall or cabinet. The Power 10 will fill medium to large rooms with thunderous bass for your favorite movies and music.

Submitted by drocpsu a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
I picked up this sub from onecall.com last year on a huge clearance sale for $150 to replace my old KLH HTIAB sub. At $150, I feel like I cheated onecall on the deal! I've been using the sub for a little over a year now and I love it. This is the first real home sub I've owned, but I've been into car audio (SQ) for a few years now and have used multiple higher-end subs. I mainly a 2-ch audio listener and I'm pretty critical when it comes to sound quality.

I have the sub crossed via my a/v receiver at 80hz. For 2-ch stereo, I've listened to a wide range of genres. Two of my favorite albums when it comes to SQ listening are Dire Straits - Brother in Arms and The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over, as they are both very clean and well recorded. The bass guitar is smooth and transient and kick drums are punchy without getting boomy. One of my favorite albums is the Dave Matthews Band Central Park Concert, and the sub reproduces some complex basslines excellently. On the flip side, I pop in rap every now and then and the sub gets low and loud enough to vibrate my 12'x18' livingroom. However, as this is only a 10" sub, I've noticed that it it tends to lose volume when trying to play the lowest notes. The same goes for some really deep transients in a few Bach pipe organ pieces. This is pretty much to be expected when only using a 10" home sub though, so I can't complain.

When it comes to movies, the sub is great. Puts out enough volume to let explosions (or battle sequences) shake the apartment. Some of my favorites are Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Black Hawk Down. War of the World has some serious bass, but having to sit and watch the whole movie makes it almost not even worth it.

Overall, this is one great sub. For $150 new, its unheard of. Sounds great for music and movies and has enough output (if I needed it) to bother the neighbors.

Purchased At:   onecall.com (on clea

Submitted by point_and_shoot a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
Wow is all I can say about this well refined work of Sub Bass Art! These Subs really "rock the house" I have used other powered subs in the past to include Sonance, ButtKicker, Paradigm, Velodyne, Definitive, etc. This sub is every bit as wonderful as all of these at a much lower price point. I think Phase Tech is America's best HT secret!

Purchased At:   Sub Sonic

Submitted by unknown a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
what can I say, together with the Teatro 4.5 speakers in the front main, the 6.5 as the center, and the CI40s in the back, this sub is superb. Crisp is the best way to describe the bass. Unlike many bass boxes, this one does not seem to have a "sweet spot". All bass frequencies appear to be equally presented.

Purchased At:   High Fidelity

Submitted by cecads a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
Right from the moment I got it home I looked forward to add it to my current system. It did not disapoint me. In fact it has not let me down. The power 10 sounds good with DVD's and music. After some calibration the sound quality became apparent. Don't get me wrong it will produce a lot of sub bass if provoked.

Purchased At:   Columbia Audio/Video

Submitted by Rob Ciszak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent, house shaking bass! Does not distort, good definition. The auto power off has a very short timer and turns off frequently during movies (during dialog) with a loud 'THUMP'.

That is my only complaint - otherwise, an excellent sub.

Purchased At:   Audiocraft