Paradigm Reference Signature Servo Subwoofers

Single high-excursion driver, closed-loop servo system, sealed enclosure, built-in Ultra-Class-D amplifier, 1200W RMS (20-150Hz @ <0.1% THD), 4500W peak, auto-on/off, trigger-on/off, soft clipping, thermal protection, electrical shorting protection, 380mm (15") mineral-filled co-polymer polypropylene cone, oversized surround, 76mm (3") bifilar 8-layer voice coil, high-temperature Apical former, dual spiders, die-cast heatsink chassis, 13kg (28.6lb) magnet structure, -3dB low frequency extension at 11Hz, variable 35-150Hz cutoff frequency, subwoofer contour variable from +0-6dB at 60Hz, variable phase alignment 0º–180º, line-level RCA or balanced XLR input, internal volume 83.5L/2.95 cubic ft, 19¼"H x 18"W x 20 7/8"D, 107lb

Submitted by Dave Knapp Rochester NY a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2006

Bottom Line:
Well all I can say is that this sub is night and day better than my old Servo 15a. Once I finally got it adjusted and balanced into my system this sub is amazing. There is no comparision on output, volume or the impact this sub has. All you servo 15 owners don't listen to this sub because once you do you be hooked. There were a couple of differences worth noting. This sub is great for music. But I would have to say that my old Servo blended in with my old Studio 100's better than the Signature blended in with my new S8's. It took more adjusting because the output of the signature sub is substantially more than my old servo and the positioning was much more sensitive in my current room layout. I had to really adjust the phase with the subs adjustment over my Anthem's adjustment.

So it is alot of trial and error to get it to blend in but once it does its amazing. All I can say is my neighbors felt the depth charges when I put U571.

My system: