Paradigm Reference PW-2200 Subwoofers

4.77/5 (116 Reviews) MSRP : $799.00

12" 250 Watt powered subwoofer

Submitted by David Henderson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have had this sub now for about 2 months. When I first got it I had some real issues with setting it up as most people seem to. After about 3 days of trying settings and moving the sub all over my room I ended up putting it in a corner (I like loud bass). I then put the gain up to about half. I have the new version of this sub so it actually has 500 RMS watts and about 1500 peak. Needless to say it is incredible. After about 2 or so weeks of playing it every day it got even better. I would imagine I had about 50 hours on it maybe a few more and it got louder and deeper. I have nothing bad to say about this sub, I paid a good price and got amazing performace. I suggest this sub for anyone who wants big sound without going broke.

Submitted by Bigpitak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
Well, after having this sub for approx 6 months now i'm very happy. This thing is phenomenal when i consider what i paid for it. To be honest, i think its worth more then what i paid.

I currently own the Paradigm Reference Studio 100's V2, and matching Reference CC-470 center and ADP surrounds. I was looking for a sub for home theatre, since I was more then happy with the output of 100's for stereo listening. I was set on buying the reference servo 15 since i thought this was the best option to match my system. When i went to audition, the salesman at EHR actually talked me out of buying it and asked me to audition the PW2200. At half the cost i was amazed listening to this sub, it is incredible. I have a large room, approx 18' x 24' of which i have my theater set up. This sub easily and i mean easily fills the space with MASSIVE bass!!! It pounds with such authority that even 6 months later it still puts a smile on my face. Awesome for movies!

Before i auditioned this sub i also listened to the B&W 12" model, not sure the model name, Velodyne 12" and Energy 12". Sorry, i don't know the model #s. I can say without a doubt that these subs don't hold a candle to the Paradigm. The other great part was that the Paradigm even sounds 10 times better in my home then it did in the showroom.

Last but not least, music. Since the sub has been in my possesion i have used it for music aswell. This sub is excellent for low pounding bass. I find its hit and miss sometimes because the Studio 100's reproduce music so well, that the extra bass sometimes takes away from the panning and transparency of these great speakers. However, it totally depends what your listening too. If i want to feel the drums in the song hit me in the chest, i leave it on. :)

Long story short....Paradigm PW-2200 V.2 2005 model. Great sub, great value. I don't think their is anything in its class that rivals it, not even at twice the price.

I tried to be critical, but their is really nothing bad i can say?

Purchased At:   EHR

Submitted by mrfixit266 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
Oh my god!! Massive bass. I set this up in our showroom(24x30) and it will shake the entire building. I am totally amazed and impressed with the rich deep bass. You had better fasten everything in the room down. Youll think its the sub ratteling when in reality its your walls/pictures/couches/chairs etc. OH yeah and my fish love it! Who woulda thunk:)

Purchased At:   Music Box (Lander WY

Submitted by jbenn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
my review is on the pw-2100 which is the same as the pw-2200 except that it uses a 10 in woofer instead of 12 in. the 10 in gives you tighter bass for rock music and home theater. I bought this sub without even listening to it in the store, because i knew what a good product it was from listening to my friends pw2200..the pw2100 kicks out just as much bass, but it is tighter and more controlled. the sound quality and ability to shake your whole room is incredible...for this price point you cannot find a better sub anywhere. I run my system with paradigm studio 40's, sony es strdaes3000 receiver, audioquest cables, paradigm cc370 center channel for a 10x18 size room and this system rocks for this size enclosure. the pw2100 also is the perfect size, it is about 25% smaller than the pw2200

Purchased At:   chambersburg audio/v

Submitted by mtvicente a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
bought store demo very powerful on movies very thigt on music but after 20 minutes sub started making loud humming noise. turned off receiver hum persisted.