Mission AS-2 Subwoofers

Submitted by Peter Dooley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
Got this to go with other Mission speakers in a HT setup although if I listen to music I find that I have to set the subwoofer output on my amp to -5db..can get a bit boomy if you dont keep it in trim..whatever you do do not place in the corner of your room.

Purchased At:   Savins Music Store,Limerick

Submitted by witchdoctor a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
This sub blends seemlessly with my Mission 734 front channel speakers.I paid $500 and am very satisfied.This sub is great on HT but really stands out on music.I have not had to set the loudness control higher than three for it to rock.It is great with both
Led Zeppelin and Charles Mingus.5 stars.

Submitted by Mike a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
I got this subwoofer at a fairly good price, and it was worth it. It has plenty of power for when it is necessary, but it is not really overpowering. I haven't found any specs on it though, if someone can point me to some it would be appreciated.

Submitted by Charles a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 9, 1998

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub at Lechmere's when they went out of business so I got such a good deal on it I took a chance and am not sorry, When I bought it I compared it to the JBL and Infinity subs they also had on sale and this sub was definitly a step above these, both in sound and the way it was made. I was impressed with its specs that said it goes down to 20hz, this is great for music. You can set the crossover so it goes as high as 250hz but I can't think of any reason you would want to go much above 100hz. I am pleased with the way it improves music even more than home thearter. I really never turn the volume up much more than half. In its price range I have not seen any sub with these specs. I am curios why Mission does not show it on its Web site though, but I give it 5 stars.

Submitted by Darell a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 28, 1998

Bottom Line:
Active sub by Mission, 150w, 12", many controls.I auditioned many subs. This one has best of all worlds for the best price (about 700$): first, its compact, second, its so deep and natural on video,
and third, it is so very tight and accurate on music! I couldn't pass it up; speciall since having a sub is a must with Dolby
Digital (AC-3)or any home theater mode! There is better sub on the market, but not at this great price.