Mission 70as Subwoofers

4.38/5 (13 Reviews)

The Mission 70as active subwoofer system: -10 inch driver reflex loaded, 40 litre effective volume enclosure -Cross-over frequency 40Hz - 180Hz -Frequency response ±3dB 50Hz to 20kHz -100W integral high performance amplifier -Finished in Black Ash

Submitted by The Spatula a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I own several mission products and have never been dissapointed until now. I have owned the 700ASI for over a year and from day one this sub had issues. The build quality is shody with grill popping off very easily and taking one of the clamps with it. The amp section has an annoying hum, not loud just noticable if you are listening for it. Its auto shut off does not work, it remains on all of the time. Denon basically tells me fat chance we do not deal with Mission anymore so you are SOL. The sound is OK for $299.00, but not when you look at its retail of $499.99. During movies with very complicated multilayered bass sequences, such as the opening scene of SW/II Attack of the Clones you could hear audible chauffing during the explosions. This tends to happen when pushing the system during any explosion scene. To get well defined bass you must turn it up to 3/4's of it's full capabilities. Overall a real disappointment.

Purchased At:   Valley TV

Submitted by Scott Callaghan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
I read a shootout on subwoofers in a Stereoreview Mag. The Mission sub ranked as one of the best buys for $500. Considering I paid $500 Canadian its an even better buy. I love this sub. Not boomy at all,goes deep when needed, sounds tight on the upper bass. Great sub

Purchased At:   A&B Sound

Submitted by James Cook a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I just recently purchased a 700asi after returning a pathetic Paradigm PS1200 (unit failure). Since my local shop only carries Paradigm and Mission, I thought I would give Mission a try, and I was very, very pleased. The bass is crisp and clean, very defined. It supplies a full range of bass and does it consistantly. This is the first Mission product I have owned and will gladly purchase more of their fine products in the furure.

Submitted by James a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
The unit I have is the 700asi, since there is no section for this unit I posted it here, like others did. I previously owned a Paradigm PS1200, and Im sorry to say that it was the worst product Ive ever owned. After only a week the unit stopped functioning and since my local shop sells only Paradigm and Mission I thought I would give Mission a try and thank goodness I did. The bass is crisp, clear, and a pleasure to listen to. Do yourself a favor and give Mission a try like I did and you will be very satisfied.

Submitted by Viker1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
Firstly, the unit that I purchased is the 700ASi, and not the 70as; since this catagory is a cross between both. The finish and appearance of this subwoofer is great. The base produced is very clean and solid, to the point were it enhanced my speaker system to definate degree, allowing for a fuller and not to mention deeper sound. I have only turned the output up to 50%, seeing as anything above that is just too over-powering, but then again its all a matter of preference. I did not encountered any pop when the unit goes into auto turn off mode, I assume this issue has been rectified by Mission. Overall I am very satisfied and pleased with the performance of the unit.