Mirage Loudspeakers BPSS-150i
Description: Bi-polar Subwoofer

Submitted by JAY a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
WHEN I WAS PURCHASING MY HOME THEATER STUFF I WAS REALLY SOLD ON THE VELODYNES BUT FOR A 1000.00 LESS YOU CANT GET EQUAL QUALITY FOR THIS PRICE. BEAUTIFUL CABINET TOO!IN A 65 X 23 ROOM MY WINDOWS SHAKE . SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF MY KIDS THEY THOUGHT A JET WAS LANDING. VERY GOOD POWER. WHEN DINO INJURRASIC PARK DROPS TO THE GROUND THERE IS QUITE THE THUNDER. MY DENON 3801 DOES A GREAT JOB KEEPING IT IN LINE. I CANT SEE WANTING ANYTHING WITH MORE RUMBLE UNLESS MAYBE YOUR A HONDA

Purchased At:   UNITED AUDIO

Submitted by Richard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
WOW, what a sub this is. Over the lat couple of months I have been running both Music and DVD's through it and have been constantly impressed with how tight and low the bass is. I was originally going to purchase the REL Strata III, but after auditioning the Mirage, I decided it was the sub for me. Now I know you can gert a sub that goes louder than this one, but I don't live in an Auditorium, so the Mirage is definately loud enough for home use. So the upshot of all this is if your looking for a great Sub at a great price, then demo the Mirage.

Submitted by Ethan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
Wow. I could not be happier with this product. I went through a very extensive trial process before buying this sub and it was certainly worth my time. The two 8 inch woofers are extremely tight and play impressively low. Although it cost me $600, I highly suggest this to anyone considering a subwoofer. I was initially looking in the $400 range but, once I heard this thing, I just had to have it. If you are looking for a loud booming box, go elsewhere. This Mirage can handle movies splendidly, but really excels at producing smooth, accurate music. The polished wood finish nicely compliments the gorgeous sound.

Submitted by Josh a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 18, 1999

Bottom Line:
I auditioned over twenty different brands of subwoofer in the $1500 to $2000 price range; including Velodyne, M&K and countless others. None of them produced such deep powerful distortion free bass as the Mirage did. No other subwoofer blended so seemlesly into my system. The BPSS-150i just disappeard into a perfect soundstage. I listen to a lot of audio and home theatre and so required a sub that was both musical and still had plenty of attack and impact for home theatre. The Mirage satisified.If you desire powerful deep clean bass which blends perfectly into your system then I strongly encourage you to audition a Mirage. Its pure Vanilla.
I have ordered a second one. :)

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile