M&K V-75 Mark II

Submitted by fendaaudio a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2014

Bottom Line:
Just one word Awesome

Submitted by Holy_Cow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2014

Bottom Line:
I have an Infinity PS-12 sub and it works pretty good but I saw the M&K sub on Craig's List for $100. Offered him $80 and it was mine. I had to remove a broken pin from the mono in RCA jack and hooked this beast up. My large living room/ dining room area has a HT section but I mostly listen to music. I recently bought some Advent Legacy Tower II's to replace my Advent Heritage towers for the surrounds and moved the towers to outside the HT area facing to our outside sliding door to patio. The M&K is astounding in it's accuracy. It also helps the towers (2 eight inch drivers and tweeter) give a sense of mid-range which was always lacking compared to my A/D/S M-12's which are my HT mains. I used pre-outs from Denon 3805 to a Yamaha HTR-5150 (going to replace it whith a Denon 3801 I have in a box for more power) and use it to drive the Heritage towers and feed the M&K sub. Long winded review but final thoughts are the M&K is still a fantastic, accurate sub. Highly recommend it. By the way, the Advent Legacy towers sound much better than the Heritage for my surrounds, I think the Heritage were just too much speaker for that role, but now that they are dedicated to stereo, WOW! I bought every single thing off Craig's List and have a close to $10,000 system (forgot the Mitsubishi 65" for $50 working fine for last 5 years and and Klipsch C-5 for $30) for about $1000 total investment. I still use the Infinity sub and I guess 2 subs are better than 1.

Submitted by Jerry Rutledge a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2012

Bottom Line:
I've had this sub for about 15 years and it's one of my best purchases.

Originally bought it to go in a home theatre system with Denon 3803 receiver. I've gone back to a modest audiohile stereo system with Arcam A85 recieiver and EPOS M5 speakers.

The MK works perfectly in this system providing nice tight clean bass.......I'm also a bass player :-).

Submitted by Palmer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2011

Bottom Line:
THIS DIDNT HAVE A YEAR IT WAS SENT BY A GOD. I INHERITED THIS SUB FROM MY GRANDFATHER, AND I HAVE HEARD MANY-A-SUBS IN MY LIFETIME, NONE SOUNDING QUITE AS GOOD AS THIS. IT IS HOOKED UP TO MY RECEIVER THAT PUMPS OUT 100W, AND WHEN IT IS TURNED UP TO ABOUT HALFWAY WITH THE SUB ON LOW, IT SHAKES MY WHOLE HOUSE, WHICH IS A DECENT SIZE. IF YOU PLAN ON USING THIS FOR AN EVENT, GO AHEAD AND FIND NO OTHER, FOR THE AUDIO GODS HAVE GIFTED US. IM SCARED TO TURN THIS THING ALL THE WAY UP NOT DO TO THE FACT THAT IT COULD BLOW AT ALL. THAT CANT HAPPEN WITH THIS SPEAKER. IM WORRIED ABOUT MY WINDOWS AND WALLS BLOWING OUT. SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME, GO BE A HAPPY BIDDER OR BUYER, AND GO HAVE SOME FUN (ECSTASY TO YOUR EARS) AND BUY THIS SUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Tim parm a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2010

Bottom Line:
JUST CAME ACROSS ONE TODAY. BIELIVE IT OR NOT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITH GARBAGE. PLUS A SPRINKLE OF RAIN, DROVE BY. WENT BACK! LONG STORY SHORT. I GOT HOME AND IT POWERED UP!
HOOKED TO MY SYSTEM. AND WOW!!!!!! FREE M&K SUB IN PREFECT SHAPE,