M&K V-1250THX
Description: 12" Subwoofer with 125 watt amplifier

Submitted by Dave a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2009

Bottom Line:
Bought on Craigslist for $250. This sub is very tight and excellent for music. I use it to even out my room response and supplement the bottom end of my PSB Goldi speakers. It does not have the oomph that some other subs have for home theater (probably needs to be louder than the level appropriate for music - a remote version would be perfect) and I imagine that this is due to the emphasis on its accuracy. Highly Recommended

I have also owned NHT, SVS and PSB subs but this is my favorite so far.

Submitted by frankie1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
Just got the sub. Found that setting up via THX switch was a waste of time.

Set the sub up manually and a complete new world opened up, the low frequency took me back , it is a very good sub.

Purchased At:   Birmingham

Submitted by Fuzzy32 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
Just got this sub for myself on Boxing Day. For $1600CAN(taxes incl)this is a killer sub. Normally retails for $1699+tax. Bass is nice and tight. Best DVD to test a sub is Pearl Harbour. Listen for the continous heart beat during the attack scene. When you hear it, you'll be amazed. I never knew it was there and I've watched the movie 3-4 times. On music it kicks. I listened to a SACD sample disc on my Sony 9000ES and was amazed. I hate Celine Dion but was in awe when I heard it on my system. Give it 4 stars for now. After break in period will post another review. Good work M&K.

Purchased At:   Trutone Electronics

Submitted by Nick Donato a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
As I'm sure you've read here, this sub is killer! So I won't tell you how tight,deep,accurate or musical this sub is. I will tell you that at the Home Theater store I work at, during a demo this sub almost shook one of the florescent lights off the ceiling.

Submitted by Tim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
On many subwoofers today, you'll notice an enormous PORT. That port might have wire mesh on it, or it might be shaped like a large smooth parabola, designed to rush the most air in/out as possible. This porting process makes the subwoofers LOUDER, but by no means more precise, and results in a great deal of air-noise/boomy-distortion at any sort of considerable volume.

Of course, one thing you'll notice about M&K subwoofers (including this 1250THX here), is that there is NO PORT, not A port anywhere on it. M&K does this to eliminate port noise/distortion completely, and in the end create a razor-sharp, surgically-precise subwoofer. I am very happy with both the home-theater-soundtrack power, and the mellow, singing musicality of this subwoofer. The THX-setting on the sub works hand in hand with my THX Onkyo TX-DS777 receiver to produce a seamless satellite/subwoofer integration.

If you can AFFORD an M&K Push-pull subwoofer, which uses dual drivers (such as the MX-150THX, or the MX-350THX), I would recommend those OVER the 1250THX. However, for the price, I believe this subwoofer can't be beat. :-)

Purchased At:   eBay