M&K V-125
Description: Sealed 12-in subwoofer, 125W

Submitted by AudioJ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
Overall I am very satisfied with this subwoofer, especially for music. It is not the booming beast that my Klipsch RW-12 is, but that thing is rated at something like 700+ watts. That being said, this thing sounds absolutely with my two infinity reference floor speakers for listening to music. Its tight, precise, and produces bass similar to what I have heard from the woofers in Definitive Technology products. 125 watts isn't a ton and for movies with explosions and things its not great but I have never had a problem with music at regular listening levels. If you are concerned about sound quality this sub is for you, if you are just trying to piss off your neighbors I would recommend going with something in a ported or slotted box with a heftier amplifier.

Submitted by Robert a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
Well, first for that kind of money, you won't get a better sub for music and movie, It's a seal type sub wich doesn't boom at all. The first good quality about M&K sub, they have an excellent electronic crossover, wich can cut mid bass cause under 125HZ, it's a 36db slope per octave. So what you will feel is pure bass. I've try numerous sub and they always sound boomy, the crossover is weak, they always have a 12db or 18db slope by octave, wich mean you gonna ear some voice in the subwoofer. The only one that compete is the DIGITAL 12 from Velodyne, wich has a computer inside where you can adjust the crossover to your taste, but it cost 4 times the V-125.

But now I've found a used MX-350MKII, WOW WOW and WOW...What a huge difference between the two sub, so I place the MX-350 in front and I'm using the V-125 for a back sub. It's a room full of feeling bass.

Submitted by DTS ES Klipsch a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased 1 V-125 about 2 years ago with the intention of buying a second later.

This subs strengths are music and theater, which can not be said for many subs of higher price. Most will do great until it comes to music. This is where the V-125 is different. Tight, clean, and nothing you do not recognize, such as boomy bass that is not relavent to the track at hand. I LOVE these things. I paid 699 US for my first one and thought I would by a second when I could afford it. I lucked out and found a second one used for 230 US ! I have auditioned too many to list. But, for the money, for music and theater, this is the one.

Purchased At:   Magnolia Hi Fi @ Paw

Submitted by BK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I use the V125 with a pair of Maggie MMGs. The combination is a very cost effective and extremely musical pair. I believe this sub to be a sleeper and underrated. Give one a listen, you won't be disappointed.

Submitted by Mr Freeze a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
To round out my system I purchased this sub.

Everyhing seem's clearer with it connected.
The sub will not make you sit up and go " WOW " or draw attention to itself, but when taken out of the system, you will wonder what is missing.

It does it's job wonderfully of adding depth to the bass and a clarity to the overall sound.

If you want the " WOW " factor then look else were for something that exagerate's the bass and in the end is not true to the original recording or soundtrack.