M&K MX-105

Submitted by Juice_22 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was a little hesitant at spending this much, but wow, what a difference. The bass is so much tighter than everything else out there. It seems to come alive more when playing Audio. My system came alive with this addition.

After reading several of the reviews here, I Looked at the Paradigm PS-1000 and the Sunfire True Subwoofer Jr. I even tried the Sunfire Jr. at home for a week. The MX-105 has the cleanest bass out there. The cabinet is a little too large. It's not too Boomy. I've noticed most ported subs are very boomy. With this unit, I end up feeling the floor rumble before I see anything. Usually with other subs I don't feel those things. This is one of the best sub's for under a Grand.

Purchased At:   Barrett's Home Theat

Submitted by s_d_gilchrist a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
All sorts of room-shaking power.

No definition.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by Nick Tanner a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I hate to rain on this fine product's parade, but I was a bit dissapointed in my MX-105. Don't get me wrong, it is a GREAT sub, but please listen to my story. I originally bought an M&K V-125 (single 12" driver, 125 watt amp) in 1998. I had it for about a month and absolutley LOVED it. Unfortunately, my wife and I had to replace the roof on our house and we needed cash fast. With heavy heart, I returned the sub to Magnolia Hi-Fi. 5 months later we're back in the black and go back to Magnolia to get my sub back. They did not have any V-125's on hand but they had the more expensive MX-105 and I purchased it thinking, two 12"s has got to better than a single 12". I was wrong. Though the MX-105 I think plays lower than the V-125, the output level was NOT as great. This was confirmed by my trusty Radio Shack SPL meter. I ended up keeping it because I really am not into house shaking bass, but I know my recollections are correct. Basically, I think the MX-105 is underpowered. It sounds GREAT. It plays LOW. But for TWO 12" speakers, I just don't think it is that loud. If you could put a 200-300 watt amp on that thing, I think it would be perfect.

Purchased At:   Magnolia Hi-Fi

Submitted by Kevin Potts a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
After buying one M&K 105, I just could not resist buying another. These subs are simply awesome. I haven't heard another sub yet that even comes close to what the 105 can do in this price range. It excels on movie soundtracks and compliments all types of music very nicely. Although it doesn't go as low as other more expensive subs, and I do mean expensive, It certainly does the job for most home theater nuts. Especially those of us that are somewhat financially challenged. If you are in the market for a superior sub at a superior price, you will not be dissapointed.

Submitted by Mike Curtis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
Its the economy dual sub from M&K, but its comparable to any other company's best subs. Thunderous bass for movies and awesome punch for music. I have listened to all my CD's over again.. its like I never heard them before.
The minigun scene in The Matrix hits so hard that I feel like Im geting shot with it. If you are not sure whether you should buy this sub or not, stop thinking and go buy it. You wont be disappointed. And if you are, then you have other serious problems to be dealt with first.

Planning on buying the 750THX LCR and the 550THX surround