Klipsch KSW200 Subwoofers

4.69/5 (16 Reviews)

Submitted by A Colin Flood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
Love my sub, need to adjust it for movies and different CDs, adds the warm bass thumb to all CDs, adds the action to movies, fills the hallway going out of my living room, needs to be centered between the main speakers if you use it with the equalization turned higher, brings out the highs and the lows on music, the future of stereo revolves around powerful sub and mini-monitors, added bass to Klipsch Cornwalls, will let me explore tube amp for my main speakers now that I have the power to fill in the bass end, when I am rich I may add another one - but I will never sell this one, like the Cornwalls I got for a bargain, this $350 sub is a keeper for my system!

I can not give it five stars because I bought my on a close-out: newer, smaller, more powerful models may be better at this price range (a small $150 unit may be all most living rooms need). Also I heard the the world's best selling Velodynes do not buzz.

Stereo Review had a three part series in the last years that did an excellent job of comparing amny subs at various price points.

Submitted by Bryan Smith a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought 2 KSW200 subwoofers about 7 monts ago and what can I say. With the 200 watts each they rock the whole house for home theater use. I turn down the input signal from my processor for music though (just a bit much) considering my main speakers are Klipsch Cornwalls!!! The front sub is crossed over at 40Hz and the rear sub is crossed over 80Hz (for the Cerwin Vega D8's I use for surrounds) and it gives me a very smooth sound throughout the room. Everything in the room rumbles good, the room is 21x12x7. If any body is looking for a sub, you can't beat it for the money.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Dean a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
This sub is has given me great perfomance in home audio and home theater and would highly reccomend it. I listened to about 20 different subs before choosing this one and am glad with my choice.

Submitted by John Horner a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
Oh boy, what can I say about this monster? This is simply an excellent buy for the money, (I paid $499 in Oneonta NY) and I could not be more pleased with the sound. I like subs for movies mostly (I usually like contemporary folk and guitar music, so the sub gets bored when I listen to music....)and this one takes care of the low end with authority. I think it does not play as low as some others in it's price range do, but there is not much information at 20 Hz that is not there ar 30 Hz in movies (explosions, jet engines, etc...)and this sub rumbles mightily. I especially like when my chair vibrates on the floor when watching movies. I'm glad I have no neighbors.

Submitted by Bryan MacDonald a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
My KSW-200 works great! Enough to rumble the house, and then some. It plays at very high volumes before distorting significantly. Disregard the review with the hum... he just needed to use the included orange power adapter. Oh, well!